General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Most dangerous vehicle?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 11:50 AM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Most dangerous vehicle?!

i had my hand at 12 and it drove my hand into the shattered windshield and turned a couple fingers into hamburger.

Old 10-31-2007, 12:06 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: otnietdehoooo

that hurts just thinking about glass shattering in to your eyes

when i had to take defensive driving 2 years ago, i remember it said you are supposed to hold the wheel at 9 and 3 and not at 10 and 2 because if the airbag goes off, it couldpush your arms up against the roof and SNAP

but i drive with my left hand directly on top of the steering wheel so i think if it goes off, it will push my arm up and to the left, through the window, elbow first [sm=smiley24.gif]
No. They thought it could blow your thumbs off... and mythbusters proved that given the right positioning, it could. There are several possible outcomes I guess...

Old 10-31-2007, 06:46 PM
MindlessCorpse is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmm....I wonder where on that list my "New to Me" '06 Gran Vitara Lux rates?

Old 10-31-2007, 08:38 PM
BF Veteran

Idk. I would think the GV would do well in crashes. You have a lot of cockpit space.

I couldn't believe Mustangs werent on the list.

Old 11-01-2007, 04:41 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

Kia Rio 200

RUBBISH, that kia is a death box. Its 95 percent plastic. I know for a fact my blazer has a better metal to plastic ratio than that stupid rio.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:09 AM
BF Veteran

Its should. The only plasic panels on it is the front valance and rear bumber corners! It may look like a crushed beer can after a wreck but at least it don't look like aJapanese toy factory explosion!

oh and you have a nicered X in your signature Brett... [sm=redx.gif]

Old 11-01-2007, 02:06 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

My server went down today : It should be back up

Old 11-02-2007, 07:31 AM
BF Veteran

Nope [sm=redx.gif]
Still there.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:38 AM
BigGreenMonster is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sure its true. Anyone who has ever driven a Blazer certainly cannot dispute their ride instability at highway speeds. Having said that, I wonder if this study takes into account that there are A LOT more Blazers and Jimmys on the road than any vehicle I've ever known of. I see Blazers everywhere I go. I don't have the production numbers, but I'm willing to bet there aren't many vehicles, produced in such heavy numbers.

By the way, I also had a 94 Chevy/Geo Tracker, I loved it, but if they weren't so prone to rusting out and becoming non-roadworthy, due to the metal used to build their frame (or lack thereof) I'll bet they would be higher on the list.

I have a friend who just bought a 95 Mercedes E-class for 2,500 bucks with front end collision damage and he fixed it up. I have to say, judging by his story, I'd have to agree, those things can take quite a wallop.

Old 11-02-2007, 12:57 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

I happened to find a crash test report on a Blazer, I'll see if I can find the link..but it said the blazer was among the most unsafe mid-size SUVs because the dummy's head impacted the window sill on the door frame both in the front and the back in an offset collision test. That's a pretty serious impact, so if that really is happening in a collision, I can see how it would be up there in the danger zone.

In other words, never drive with the window half up/down...that would be like hitting a meat cleaver going 35..

Quick Reply: Most dangerous vehicle?!