Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!! (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/need-help-please-23165/)

bama08 09-10-2008 06:22 PM

NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

last weekend i got a new Blazer 2door 4x4 it ran grate and the 4x4 worked.
a few days later i put in a new radio ( since the old one was riped out and nothing was left but the hole in the dash) after putting in my radio,my 4x4 bottons on the dash no longer worked....i put it in N and it doesnt shift into 4 hi or 4 Lo did my radio short out my 4x4 b/c my dash light no longer work also, maybe i can get them to work but i was wondering if my radio shorrted it out ( what can i do if it did?) and if not that
did a piece fall out of my 4x4 buttons when i took the dash apart ( what parts are in it?)
thanks for all the help hope someone can help me with my problem

*Combining Consecutive Posts*

oh and on my radio i noticed a black wire with a white stripe what is it? ....its not the ground eather,cause it would not work i had to run a seperate ground wire

*EDIT by swartlkk* - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your post if another member has yet to reply. Consecutive posting is prohibited by the rules of the forum. If you have any questions and/or concerns about this matter, please feel free to PM me.

bama08 09-10-2008 06:35 PM

RE: NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

oh and on my radio i noticed a black wire with a white stripe what is it? ....its not the ground eather,cause it would not work i had to run a seperate ground wire

Kage0113 09-10-2008 06:47 PM

First question, what year is it? I actually put a new cd player in my 96 Blazer this weekend also. When I pulled out the dash I had to disconnect the 4x4 buttons so I could pull it out all the way and get in. So I would say the first thing to do is pull that dash panel again and check and make sure you didn't disconnect it from the wires. It looks just like the wire harness you have for your cd player, just smaller. And by dash lights not working, do you mean all of them, or just the lights that show 4 hi, 4lo and 2hi? I doubt your cd player would short the system because all your doing is connecting the new headunit to the old wires, but throguh a new harness so the cd player wouldn't do that. And when you got your wiring harness it should give you a list naming the colors and what they connect to. Hope that helps

bama08 09-10-2008 07:01 PM

its a 1996

*Combining Consecutive Posts*

All the guages fuel guage...ect and my 4x4doesnt light up at all

*EDIT by swartlkk* - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your post if another member has yet to reply. Consecutive posting is prohibited by the rules of the forum. If you have any questions and/or concerns about this matter, please feel free to PM me.

bama08 09-10-2008 07:03 PM

All the guages fuel guage...ect and my 4x4doesnt light up at all

Kage0113 09-10-2008 07:12 PM

Then everything is the same which makes this easier. Double check the harness that connects to the back of the 4x4 control buttons. I cant think of anything else from what you've done that could cause it to stop working like that. By the way, were you able to get that whole panel off and out? Me and my friend tried but it got stuck behind the shift lever on the steering wheel so we had to hold back the dash as we unscrewed everything. Have you checked the fuses?

WolfPack 09-10-2008 07:20 PM

Probably just neglected to unplug the 4x4 switch when you pulled off the dash bezel. Take the bezel back off and make sure its all plugged in. As for your gauges...check the fuse.

As for the ground...the ground wire should be part of the harness. Like the ground from the radio should match up to the ground of the vehicle side harness if I remember right..

bama08 09-10-2008 07:34 PM

yes i did get my whole pannel out but i had to disconnet all the lights and that whole pannel and crank the truck and put it in N with the e-brake on and pull it off but it was a pain in the ass! lol Yes i have checked the fuses but im about to go back out and double check cause i replaced a few since i go the truck.

Kage0113 09-11-2008 12:26 AM

I'm intrigued, what happened?

bama08 09-11-2008 07:30 PM

i pulled the dash again and checked all the connectors and wires and everyhtign is fine
im getting kind agrivated, i still have no dash lights or 4x4 and without 4x4 my blazer is useless to me :(