Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   Official MPG Poll (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/official-mpg-poll-18999/)

97blazzer 07-13-2012 03:27 AM

What about intake conversion???

Ive read through most of yall posts and havent heard anyone talking about gettin the cpfi unit and convert it too the the mercury intake setup, not hard too do just swapping mercury 4.3 intake with real fuel injectors no poppets and the plastic brittle lines too deal with anymore, which under any nitrous setup can destroy the spiders in these engines, Ive looked into doing the swap and then have it tuned afterwards, alot of turbo conversions are very efficent with the mpfi mercury swap... whats everyones input on this idea or thoughts on this matter... currently crappy engine in 97 blazer 4dr 4x4 stock wheels/tires 3.42 15.5mpg personally with a 15-40w oil due too bad main clearance

FarmBlazer 07-14-2012 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by 97blazzer (Post 529938)
Ive read through most of yall posts and havent heard anyone talking about gettin the cpfi unit and convert it too the the mercury intake setup, not hard too do just swapping mercury 4.3 intake with real fuel injectors no poppets and the plastic brittle lines too deal with anymore, which under any nitrous setup can destroy the spiders in these engines, Ive looked into doing the swap and then have it tuned afterwards, alot of turbo conversions are very efficent with the mpfi mercury swap... whats everyones input on this idea or thoughts on this matter... currently crappy engine in 97 blazer 4dr 4x4 stock wheels/tires 3.42 15.5mpg personally with a 15-40w oil due too bad main clearance

I am in the process of getting the Delphi SCFI to MPI injector assembly. My assembly is busted and leaking vacuum right now, but for $225 I can put in a new one. Made by both Delphi and AC Delco, it is a GM upgrade kit. Gets rid of plastic lines and replaces them with rubber, and increases efficiency, power, and throttle response.

papajim 07-15-2012 01:10 AM

99 Blazer, 4.3 all stock running gear, stock size tires. I get a little over 20 mpg on the road and 17 in town

vortec bowtie 07-15-2012 01:18 AM

i dont know whats gotten into me but lately i have been babying the hell outta the blaze, rarely ever revving it over 2k, and have been limiting my driving to work and back (20 miles round trip) and im getting about 15 now. Wayyy better then the 12 i was previously getting. Gonna do plugs soon and hopefully itll go up even more

bigdogtim7 07-15-2012 12:21 PM

maintenance & no to little better mpg

Originally Posted by vortec bowtie (Post 530263)
i dont know whats gotten into me but lately i have been babying the hell outta the blaze, rarely ever revving it over 2k, and have been limiting my driving to work and back (20 miles round trip) and im getting about 15 now. Wayyy better then the 12 i was previously getting. Gonna do plugs soon and hopefully itll go up even more

:) It is hard for me to work on my Blazer now, but I did a Major Tuneup when I bought my 2000 Blazer 4x4 LT a couple years ago. It came with American Racing Baha Rims that were not ordered correctly for distance from disk, so that the tires would not get cut when driving around on the farm & hitting bumps while turning. I had a Farmer mechanic take care of the issue by tightening the front shocks which raised the car enough to stop the problem. Then I had issue with the Fuel Pump which would keep my truck from starting on the first turn of ignition, but would eventually start. The result was a quicker Start and my fuel gauge now works. However, after all that I had done, I get 13.5 mpg and when I started out, I was getting 13 mpg. After buying lifetime super plugs & the best wires, replaced the rotor cap & wires & repaired Vacuum lines. So, Now the truck runs Better, but the mpg sucks & I need to do whatever it takes to get better mpg.

I was shocked because I drove a Company Astro Van with it fully loaded down & got 20 or more all the time. I'm guessing my Astro Engine didn't have to deal w/ the Emission stuff that we now deal with, but I look at the Poll and see that fellow Blazerites are getting between 11~20mpg.

Now I want to try what you 2 guys are talking about, because Chevy should send this option to every Blazer owner, in regard to an upgrade parts.

zball94 07-18-2012 06:08 PM

98 2dr blazer zr2. About 50/50 driving between freeways and city driving. I got 17.7mpg overall.

dbshortwave 07-24-2012 11:16 AM

Depending on how hard you stuff your foot in the throttle body. between the 97 and 00 I own I get get with both in the 20 mpg's tune-ups air, filters, and oil changes. Throw some fuel injection cleaner in the tank normal maintenance. These things aren't meant to be driven like a NASCAR.

forestghost07 07-25-2012 04:45 PM

'99 2 dr 2WD w/ 5-speed and the minor mods in my sig. I've kept track since new. I drive fairly agressively (I'm Italian LOL) ... 14-16 MPG city, 20-23 MPG highway, in mostly very hot humid weather. Motor's religiously serviced, Mobil 1 10W/30, and in top tune always (102,000 mi.).

Roberto Lavin Lopez 08-15-2012 11:01 AM

12 MPG city
19 MPG highway

Checking it every time!

4wd, normally in 2wd mode
2 doors model
Regular gasoline (93 octanes in Chile!)

jtbwatson 09-13-2012 12:47 PM

Around 17mpg average. 15 miles highway each way to school and back and then several short trips for my mom per week. I can stretch it to 18 or 19 if I drive like a granny, but my flowmaster usually gets the best of me... it sounds pretty good around 4500.

Every time I go across the state (from Houston to San Antonio, Austin, Waco, Fort Worth, or Dallas) I get anywhere from 22-25. It rocks. And I'm sure I need a tuneup still.

2000 4 door 4.3 v6 automatic.

Always looking for more ways to increase gas mileage.