General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Opinions on SAS

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2019 | 11:44 AM
|
Beginning Member
Blazin_Alexei is on a distinguished road
Default Opinions on SAS

Hey guys, so im currently planning an sas for my blazer. Its a 2001 4dr 2wd. Currently got a 3 inch lift kit, ZR2 rear axle swap, and 32" tires

Ive been reading for months and just want to see if anybody has any additional insight, ideas, opinions

Going to do the suspension first, then swap in an nv3500 and a np231 case with a jeep output

Planning on keeping the ZR2 axle out back(may swap to 6 lug shafts, or run different rims)

Planning on using a wagoneer dana 44, spring under

The goal is to have around 6 inches of lift, and stick with 32s

Going to use a skys offroad spring hanger, possibly with dakota rear springs, has anybody used these?(alternative is the rancho 44044) anyone else sas there 2wd? I know the frames are different but it should still all work, just a different angle on the front hanger.

Planning on running an astro box with a drop pitman arm, if i keep the axle low i should be able to run stock steering. If not high steer it is(anyone running stock steering?)

Its my understanding that blazer extended brake lines will fit the jeep brakes, obviously ABS won't work.

Then just the little things like f250 rear shock towers, and moddifying a sway bar to work.

If anyone thinks im missing something, or has ideas LMK

thanks

Old 09-10-2019 | 03:09 PM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

You'll have a little extra work with a 2WD because the spring buckets stick out the side of the frame a bit. Unfortunately, they really aren't in a good spot to reuse them, so they'll need to be cut off and plated over. You may not need an Astro box if you're going to keep the wheelbase pretty close to the same. You will need one if you want to move the front axle forward more than a couple of inches, which you don't need to for 32" tires. Also, the front crossmember is going to be in the way if you want to keep the ride height relatively low. You might have to cut it out and replace it with something that takes up less space. If you run the front axle with springs under it, you should be able to use the stock steering setup. If you run it spring over, the springs might get in the way. the Rancho springs are a pretty good choice, as are the Dakota rears, but the Dakota springs will probably be too low if you go spring under.

Old 09-13-2019 | 05:32 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Not exactly what you are doing but lots of good info on doing a spring under while keeping it low in this thread.
https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds...ts-pics-73479/