General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

PSA: AC Delco parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 06:54 PM
Starting Member
No false Bravada is on a distinguished road
Default PSA: AC Delco parts

It's been said before, but it's no less important. Use AC Delco parts whenever possible in these vehicles. Especially things involving fuel or ignition, but also do this with stuff like cooling.

My (believed to be) factory thermostat locked up, so I replaced it. Was terribly short on cash, went with the valucraft from AutoZone. About a week goes by, that one locked up. Had money then, so I went with the more expensive fail safe. That one lasted about two weeks, then popped open.

That was the last straw. Finally went to the dealership and got one there for like $27 and haven't had a problem since. So, spend that extra few dollars and get the right stuff.

Old 03-30-2018, 01:29 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by No false Bravada
It's been said before, but it's no less important. Use AC Delco parts whenever possible in these vehicles. Especially things involving fuel or ignition, but also do this with stuff like cooling.

My (believed to be) factory thermostat locked up, so I replaced it. Was terribly short on cash, went with the valucraft from AutoZone. About a week goes by, that one locked up. Had money then, so I went with the more expensive fail safe. That one lasted about two weeks, then popped open.

That was the last straw. Finally went to the dealership and got one there for like $27 and haven't had a problem since. So, spend that extra few dollars and get the right stuff.
Yep, with my truck being my daily driver for bad weather, and for towing and going to the woods, I've been wanting to err on the side of quality for my truck. This is especially so since I want to keep it for at least 5 more years/50,000 miles.

As my former graduate student who was from Russia once said;

"A cheap man pays twice."

Old 03-31-2018, 09:30 AM
07nhbpsi is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by No false Bravada

Well, going to Autozone was your 1st mistake...

Old 04-05-2018, 01:38 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Fully agree.

I replaced my oil cooler lines/connectors 3 times over the last few years.
Finally went with AC Delco parts last summer, and no more leaks!

Old 04-14-2018, 03:26 PM
07nhbpsi is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by N. Jensen
Fully agree.

I replaced my oil cooler lines/connectors 3 times over the last few years.
Finally went with AC Delco parts last summer, and no more leaks!
Yes, those doorman lines are total garbage....... mine leaked within a few months time.......... personally I ended up cutting the crimps off and using fuel injection hose double clamped on ends... no more issues