General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Powder coating

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 04:40 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

It's possible. You will either want to get them painted ASAP to allow for maximum curing time, or you want to wait until after the tires are on to paint them. If it's a good shop that you're having swap them out tho they shouldn't have a problem changing them without ruining the paint job. They shouldn't normally touch the face of the rims much when changing a tire.

Old 11-07-2009, 10:17 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Another member on here: nyzr21019 powdercoated his rims black. And did them himself also. I am getting mine done in the summer also. Here are some pics of his.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/members/nyzr21019-15836-albums-2001-blazer-zr2-230/

Old 11-07-2009, 10:21 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by RangerG
Another member on here: nyzr21019 powdercoated his rims black. And did them himself also. I am getting mine done in the summer also. Here are some pics of his.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/album.php?albumid=230
Nice! They look about the same tho.. but im sure its more durable..

But anyways i started painting mine today.. it would ah took me to long
to get them powdered.. Im almost done with the fronts right now
and they are looking grrrrreat!

this is officially my favorite forum btw

Old 11-08-2009, 12:04 AM

pics uploaded of what i got done tonight at beginning of thread..

Old 11-08-2009, 01:01 AM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Those look great! I love this rims done in black, they look like a completely different rim.

If you get bored after this project you should look into painting your front chrome grill strip red. Quite a few people on here have done it, and I think I would look fantastic on yours.

Then of course you would have to paint the chevy emblem black to match the rims too...

Old 11-08-2009, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by RangerG
Those look great! I love this rims done in black, they look like a completely different rim.

If you get bored after this project you should look into painting your front chrome grill strip red. Quite a few people on here have done it, and I think I would look fantastic on yours.

Then of course you would have to paint the chevy emblem black to match the rims too...
Thanks!!

I was thinking about that.. i don't like chrome at all..

its the only thing on my truck that's chrome lol...

i eventually wanna paint the entire truck black..

Old 11-08-2009, 01:37 AM
packofqtips is an unknown quantity at this point

i actually did a set of chrome 18's i sandblasted them first then painted them with a smoked color lasted about a summer which was all i was hoping for

Old 11-08-2009, 07:20 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Looks really good Brian...nice job! I agree with painting the grille. I painted mine black to match the rims (not sure if you saw that in my build). I left the main chrome piece (I do plan on keeping it even though I don't like chrome, it suits it) but I will be taking the chrome off the top of my bumper piece sooner or later.
When you take the back rims off to paint them you should do your bowtie to match. It makes the truck look a hell of a lot better with a black bowtie. Something so small dresses the truck up nicely. It's held on with 2 bolts.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Sisk
Looks really good Brian...nice job! I agree with painting the grille. I painted mine black to match the rims (not sure if you saw that in my build). I left the main chrome piece (I do plan on keeping it even though I don't like chrome, it suits it) but I will be taking the chrome off the top of my bumper piece sooner or later.
When you take the back rims off to paint them you should do your bowtie to match. It makes the truck look a hell of a lot better with a black bowtie. Something so small dresses the truck up nicely. It's held on with 2 bolts.
thanks man i might do that im gonna head out side in a few and get started

Old 11-08-2009, 05:30 PM

Quick Reply: Powder coating