Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   PSA: AC Delco parts (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/psa-ac-delco-parts-96577/)

No false Bravada 03-29-2018 06:54 PM

PSA: AC Delco parts

It's been said before, but it's no less important. Use AC Delco parts whenever possible in these vehicles. Especially things involving fuel or ignition, but also do this with stuff like cooling.

My (believed to be) factory thermostat locked up, so I replaced it. Was terribly short on cash, went with the valucraft from AutoZone. About a week goes by, that one locked up. Had money then, so I went with the more expensive fail safe. That one lasted about two weeks, then popped open.

That was the last straw. Finally went to the dealership and got one there for like $27 and haven't had a problem since. So, spend that extra few dollars and get the right stuff.

christine_208 03-30-2018 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by No false Bravada (Post 688376)
It's been said before, but it's no less important. Use AC Delco parts whenever possible in these vehicles. Especially things involving fuel or ignition, but also do this with stuff like cooling.

My (believed to be) factory thermostat locked up, so I replaced it. Was terribly short on cash, went with the valucraft from AutoZone. About a week goes by, that one locked up. Had money then, so I went with the more expensive fail safe. That one lasted about two weeks, then popped open.

That was the last straw. Finally went to the dealership and got one there for like $27 and haven't had a problem since. So, spend that extra few dollars and get the right stuff.

Yep, with my truck being my daily driver for bad weather, and for towing and going to the woods, I've been wanting to err on the side of quality for my truck. This is especially so since I want to keep it for at least 5 more years/50,000 miles.

As my former graduate student who was from Russia once said;

"A cheap man pays twice."

07nhbpsi 03-31-2018 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by No false Bravada (Post 688376)

Well, going to Autozone was your 1st mistake...:icon_deal:

N. Jensen 04-05-2018 01:38 PM

Fully agree.

I replaced my oil cooler lines/connectors 3 times over the last few years.
Finally went with AC Delco parts last summer, and no more leaks! :icon_eddie:

07nhbpsi 04-14-2018 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by N. Jensen (Post 688665)
Fully agree.

I replaced my oil cooler lines/connectors 3 times over the last few years.
Finally went with AC Delco parts last summer, and no more leaks! :icon_eddie:

Yes, those doorman lines are total garbage....... mine leaked within a few months time.......... personally I ended up cutting the crimps off and using fuel injection hose double clamped on ends... no more issues