Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   S10 the next Jeep? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/s10-next-jeep-32151/)

blazersforlife 07-02-2009 06:24 AM

HA, blazercrazy jeep parts are more expensive than blazer parts, trust me and I gotta say I think you're right about blazers being more reliable, my dad only had to have ours towed home twice and the jeep towed six times I think and it was for the same thing everytime.

Cavalier z24 07-02-2009 02:08 PM

i believe that

oktain 07-02-2009 03:21 PM

Everytime I see a used Jeep that just happens to be stock it's ridiculously overpriced IMO. When I look at the thing it looks like a bucket on wheels and there really isn't that much to it. The same year Jeep with the same mileage on it was twice the price of my Blazer when I bought it used. I was considering one but ultimately went with my Blazer mostly because of price difference. (I'm also not really that much of a chrysler fan).

blazerguy22 07-02-2009 03:43 PM

IMO the Blazer rides way better than the jeep every time i get out of my buddy's wrangler i know what i feels like to be a bobble head. and IMO the vortec is somewhat gutless in its base form but since the 4.3 is nothing but a 350 with 2 cylinders chopped off it does not take much to make that v6 scream. yeah sure jeeps are cheaper to build bt that is 100% because every moron and their respective grandmother owns one and they were originally built for offroad driving so on that note give me my blazer any day at least when i get out of that from just driving down the road i know my head wont fall off

willjones 07-02-2009 08:39 PM

I own both, and I get way more complimants on my lifted blazer than my lifted jeep. Jeeps are a dime a dozen, but I don't see many Blazers that have anything *nice* done to them.

mdehoogh 07-02-2009 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by willjones (Post 229395)
I own both, and I get way more complimants on my lifted blazer than my lifted jeep. Jeeps are a dime a dozen, but I don't see many Blazers that have anything *nice* done to them.

Pics of your Jeep?

okvortec 07-02-2009 11:44 PM

My 92' Cherokee with 220,xxx was solid as a rock. My 01 Blazer with 110,xxx is a money pit. Same driver, driving habits, and conditions. I'll take a Jeep over a Blazer anyday.

Blazercrazy 07-03-2009 12:55 AM

You just needed a blazer with a locker in it okvortec, Big difference lol

NVANZEE 07-03-2009 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by okvortec (Post 229433)
My 92' Cherokee with 220,xxx was solid as a rock. My 01 Blazer with 110,xxx is a money pit. Same driver, driving habits, and conditions. I'll take a Jeep over a Blazer anyday.

i like how in your sig it say like a rock but your saying its not. lol

Buschkj24 07-03-2009 10:12 AM

i have owned both a cherokee and now my blazer, and they were about the same year, both with lsd's in the rear and i can say stock for stock the jeep would beat a blazer off road, but with mods done to both, the blazer would be better because of the weight distribution. the blazer is just about 50/50, and i can tell you that my jeep was far from that, if there was an inch of snow, you needed the 4wd cause there was not enough weight in the rear end, so i often put 200 pounds of sand in the rear to help with the issue but the blazer did good in the snow, mind you the jeep as agressive offroad tires and my blazer has a very very mild all terrain tire. ride comfort is with the blazer, the jeep rattled around like a tin tool box in a semi truck. the only thing that would be nice for a blazer would be a soild front axle, then the blazer would be great offroad. the power of the blazer is great for the 4.3 its based off the 350 and the 350 was a pretty stout engine, with care and maintaine the 4.3 will be just fine also. in this debate its pure preferance, you can not have the best of both worlds imo.