Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   S10 the next Jeep? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/s10-next-jeep-32151/)

oktain 07-15-2009 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by NVANZEE (Post 232031)
They have very low ground clearance too. My buddy has one and he cant even go down a simple two track with out scraping the ground. Very poor design. I noticed this a lot lately with GM. Th dont really have any SUVs any more now that the trailblazer is done. unless you spend big monney on a full size.

The closest thing they have as far as off-road capability to the S-10/Blazer has to be the Colorado/Canyon Z71 Off-Road... those have pretty decent looking ground clearance. They have pretty big tires too, almost like the ZR2, I havn't really looked into them all that much as far as specs go.

*edit* I just thought of another thing, something that ground my gears, someone arguing that the Trailblazer's have just as much ground clearance as the S-10 Blazer and saying they're just as capable off the pavement. Then proceeded to post a pic of his buddy's LIFTED envoy saying he could go the same places as us... "Yeah, because he's not stock." :icon_poop:

BlazerLover1592 07-15-2009 03:41 PM

I hate the new Trailblazers lol. They cannot go offroad unless customized....to bad good ol' GM decided to discontinue the S10 Blazers...

wolfen 07-15-2009 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by BlazerLover1592 (Post 232184)
I hate the new Trailblazers lol. They cannot go offroad unless customized....to bad good ol' GM decided to discontinue the S10 Blazers...

Worry not about the S-10 Blazer being discontinued, they still make parts, thats all we need. Besides, after 20 years or so if its not pretty liek showroom anymore who cares? As long as that guy in the F-350 Super Duty 4X4 is thanking you for pulling him out of the wet muddy ditch :)( been there done that.)

BlazerLover1592 07-15-2009 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by wolfen (Post 232202)
Worry not about the S-10 Blazer being discontinued, they still make parts, thats all we need. Besides, after 20 years or so if its not pretty liek showroom anymore who cares? As long as that guy in the F-350 Super Duty 4X4 is thanking you for pulling him out of the wet muddy ditch :)( been there done that.)

Nice! :icon_lolsign:

wolfen 07-17-2009 07:01 PM

Even nicer, the 80's ones are squared off enough that you can basically make your own parts if you know how :) I'm not eth best with sheet metal, but give me a quart can or part A and part B of Hysol EA9396, and some military grade rotorbalde fiberglass cloth and I can make a fender thats harder than steel, and if I have a existing fende to use as a pattern all I need is some Vasoline to keep the glass from sitcking to the olf fender.

amazinnblazin 07-18-2009 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by wolfen (Post 230908)
Ok I watched the video, no offense, but where did you go off of a road at? It looked to me more like a low water crossing.

(your s-10 trailblazer is just like every other 2nd gen 4wd the "trailblazer" was only an appearance package on the s-10 blazers. i believe the previous poster is referring to the trailblazer and envoys that use the GMT 360/370 platform.) What Iam referring to are the modern Trailblazers that ride like a Lincoln Town-car, with all the bells and whistles, and a ground clearence so low that a speed bump will stop them dead in their tracks. my neighbor has one, and its a comfy, climate controled rolling piece of junk that isn't worthy of going into a dirt parking lot, its a 2005 with no problems or wear on it at all with 25K on the spedo
A 4WD is supposed to have a high ground clearence straight off the showroom floor, a trailblazer is taller than my 89 is, but lower to the ground too, which makes it useless for going anywhere where theres no road.

lol thanks for clearing up what I drive, not like I don't know my own ish

Byte Stryke 07-18-2009 10:21 AM

Showed my Buddy this thread and I got a Firm and resounding "Fu** you"
His Bucket is in the shop after I had to not Only Pull him out... but tow him in after he found he had split a T-case.
I gave him a ride over here, because he is in the shop awaiting parts :)

amazinnblazin 07-18-2009 11:45 PM

HA! Good to hear!

262Blazer SS 07-21-2009 10:35 AM

thats why you get first generation the only you reason its knocking is because obviously youre pushing it too hard and because youre not taking great care of it after you do so.

oktain 07-21-2009 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by 262Blazer SS (Post 233307)
thats why you get first generation the only you reason its knocking is because obviously youre pushing it too hard and because youre not taking great care of it after you do so.

I'm not sure what you're referring too :icon_shrug: ... could you clarify please?
Are you talking about the guy with the trailblazer scraping on the rails?