Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   Saw a AWESOME blazer for sale today, need $3000 quick, lol :D (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/saw-awesome-blazer-sale-today-need-%243000-quick-lol-d-45969/)

ImScrewed92 06-20-2010 12:55 AM

Saw a AWESOME blazer for sale today, need $3000 quick, lol :D

Just like the title said, I found something that made my heart skip a beat and butterflies whirl in my stomach! I was on my way to get a diffrent bolt and a new 3/8th inch ratchet since mine broke. I drove by the used car lot that I bought my 92 blazer from, it's about 1.5-2 miles from my house. And then I saw it.
http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/...1276981016.jpg
http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/...1276981017.jpg

Yes that's right. It's a flat lime green painted ready to burnout 1st gen GMC Jimmy with a 350! I just wanted to touch it, it was like Nicholas Cage when he saw Elenor in the parking garage in Gone in Sixty Seconds. They were closed today so I couldn't get near it, but Monday I'm stopping by before work, (and yes I'll add more details and pics then). It has "350" in silver badges on the sides of the cowl on the hood. And the window has $2950 on it. Lowered probley 2/3 or 3/4 inches, older style vette rally wheels. I'm very tempted to get myself in trouble financialy and try to take out a loan for it!

Also right beside it is a 2nd gen 4x4 s10 blazer for $750! Body looks perfect, but I figure for that price it needs either a engine or tranny, probley a engine since a tranny would be an afternoon job. But yeah I saw those two vehicles and was shocked. I can't get that sweet sweet 350 powered green monster out of my thoughts... :icon_drool:

84BlazerS10 06-20-2010 01:00 AM

That could be sweet but I'm not a fan of the green.

ImScrewed92 06-20-2010 01:17 AM

I'm not really either, but I kinda like this one. It doesn't have any clear so it's not like a candy color so it's kinda diffrent. Only thing I don't like is they painted the door handles, the window visors, the side mirrors, EVERYTHING green. I'd have to change some things and get some contrast, if I could afford to get it :icon_cry:

ohsofly 06-20-2010 06:49 AM

Thats cool, my friend has a red one like that, its fast. Wish all the accessories werent painted to match, but to each their own.

Buy it.

DKSDAD 06-20-2010 09:53 AM

Very interesting, at least they did not paint the bumper.

ImScrewed92 06-20-2010 06:43 PM

^True at least the grill and bumers and wheels arn't painted. Otherwise it would look like a huge lime fruit going down the road... :D

zedartwo 06-20-2010 08:52 PM

I like it!

taba5 06-20-2010 09:09 PM

id rock it, but some contrast is majorly needed lol

shligger 06-22-2010 01:17 PM

Thing looks pretty cool. I don't like the paint that much but the engine is the expensive part. Just make sure you don't dig yourself a hole.

CraigSnedeker 06-22-2010 06:06 PM

Wow take out a loan and get it :P (joke)

Cavalier z24 06-22-2010 09:59 PM

Nice but i would rather have the 2 gen blazer for 750 even if it needed a tranny or engine

old skool luvr 06-23-2010 12:00 AM

i'm kinda on the fence with the colour personally.

i'm not against loud vivid colours-my first Blazer was Banana Cream Pie Yellow, my first Dart was Citrus Orange, my current Dart is a custom Plum Crazy Purple-but i think that colour really needs to be seen in person to be appreciated.

sooooo......................are you goning into debt, to get into trouble (with the truck :icon_rally:)?

ImScrewed92 06-23-2010 02:50 AM

I dunno. I have so many things going on right now I don't know if I really should. I've got a $1000 surgery coming up. And I've got to get the front gears to match the rear before winter comes. Got a cruise coming up in August.

I'm thinking about giving it a good once over, (yeah, havent had the time to stop by there yet.) And see what everything looks like. If I wanna get back into the swing of new vehicle and being broke agian. I thought about taking a loan for about $1500, figured the three year even with interest would'nt be bad per month payments. And maybe ole' grandpa would loan the rest. Then agian he said he might co-sign the loan for the whole amount since he has awesome credit and might get a good rate.

It would be nice though :icon_steer: lol. Yeah the flat lime green aint the best. I think some contrast would do it some good. It's like they just took off the bumpers and grill and taped the windows and sprayed everything!

HARDTRAILZ 06-23-2010 10:38 AM

Offer them 3000 for both and part out the 2nd gen to pay for the first.

88s10Blazer 06-23-2010 07:02 PM

Kinda ugly. But it still has a 350 in it! Don't buy it if you can't afford it. I've been down that road a couple times when I was younger. Want something, take out a loan, then you can't afford anything else and your stuck paying more for it in the long run for a couple years. I bought my new Blazer when I could afford it lol.

cbr995 06-23-2010 09:27 PM

Wow, that is a loud color.
Cool truck, though. I'd imagine it probably hauls some serious ass!

84BlazerS10 06-23-2010 09:47 PM

Yeah in my opinion I would buy it if I could afford it and repaint it.

wlorton 06-23-2010 10:00 PM

Lol... Nice find... Schedule a test drive... lOL

taba5 06-23-2010 10:31 PM

i have to say if it has the testicular fortitude to back up the color then id leave it alone...

all my buddies know damn well that if i had something that threw massive power to the ground and it needed paint, id purposely paint it pink just because, and a 350 in a blazer is the combo that can be stupid retarded so liking the color is not necessary... just a little contrast is all...
LOL

ImScrewed92 06-24-2010 07:21 PM

Stopped by the lot with the Jimmy today. It has a nice install in the engine bay. Everything is performance, nothing is oem or stock 350 parts. Holley carb, surprised it was a automatic trans. Paint looked like it was done by a pro, but it wasn't taped off good. The underside of the hood is red. The inside door iambs are black with green overspray. The electric fan has green overspray on it. Has a cheap ass stereo system consisting on JVC subs and an amp with the ground wire bolted to a plastic panel!?

But I can fix all of that. The engine swap looks like a shop did it. Very nice. Dual exhaust dumped before the rear axle, dual magnaflow mufflers (I think). I still want it but the owner wasn't there, his wife was giving info but didn't know much about it. I figure I can pull the stereo system out along with the older corvette rallys and sell that and get some money back. Next step is really thinking about where to get the $$$ for it and such.

Good thing is the $2950 covers everything, license registration, all paperwork, no hidden fees. Also like I said I bought the 92 s10 blazer I'm driving right now from him so we know each other. My phone doesn't want to load photobucket for some reason, so when I get home I'll post a couple pics of the engine I got. I was only there for about 5 minutes before it started pouring the rain and I had to leave for work.

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/...1277423676.jpg
http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/...1277423677.jpg
http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/...1277423678.jpg

CraigSnedeker 06-25-2010 07:54 AM

Wow the engine looks niiiiiiiice :D

zedartwo 06-28-2010 06:00 PM

That thing looks wicked fun.

blazerboy001 06-29-2010 01:00 AM

I would So trade mine for that sexy piece of metal. lol That thing is beautiful. (Drool)

ImScrewed92 06-29-2010 01:11 AM

Welp, I dont think I'm gonna be able to get it. I have tried everything I can think of and I just can't get the cash. No one will sign a loan for me, either they have bad credit, or my grandpa won't co sign cause "I already have a vehicle, why do I need another?", which I can respect that. He also won't lend me the money for it, agian I can respect that.

I haven't had an active account at a bank for almost a year now. I'd rather pay $3 check cashing than have a card that pulls debits out at diffrent times at diffrent places. So most places want like double the cash I borrow back in high interest payments. Some just don't want to loan small amounts, they say under $20,000 there not interested. And outside my current Blazer, which I couldn't part with, I have nothing of value persay.

So I just have to watch it sit on the car lot like a kid looking at a puppy in a shop window on the way to school knowing he can't have it. Knowing one day I'm gonna drive by and it'll be gone and I'll be sad, lol. Oh well... At least I got to throw some pics up that you all seemed to like.

84BlazerS10 06-29-2010 01:16 AM

Wow, that seems like a nice price 3k for a V8 and a stero system with some other minor stuff? Too bad you can't get it though.

blazerboy001 06-29-2010 01:37 AM

Do you think they would do a straight across trade? where is it?

ImScrewed92 06-29-2010 01:53 AM

Nah, he doesn't do trades. Don't know why but he won't trade at all. But $2950 includes license, registration and all paperwork fees. Price on the window drives it off the lot. (Although you may need to get gas ASAP my blazer was about to stall when I bought it and drove it off the lot :D.)

It's about 1.5 or 2 miles outside the "city" of Charleston West Virginia towards Pocatalico and Sissonville. I say "city" as in businesses and urban enviroment. It's actually like 50 yards outside city limits. But the city is all country untill you hit Orchered Manor projects. Probley about 2 miles before my house, drive by it everyday to work.

blazerboy001 06-29-2010 02:05 AM

Darn. lol i've been tryin to find something faster, but can't seem to stray away from blazers now that i have one. but no money is a big problem. hah

That particular blazer is too good lookin to NOT go to somebody on this forum though. some douche rich spoiled kid will probably get his mommy and daddy to buy it for him.

taba5 06-29-2010 10:36 AM

hmm its a shame that lot wont do trades....

and its sad that it is so far away from me, but prolly a good thing

i LOVE my bravada but it would go for that green thing lol