Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   Serious question please serious answers. (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/serious-question-please-serious-answers-47696/)

Doverman454 08-07-2010 09:56 PM

Haven't been here in awhile since I haven't had any problems lol. Anywho, I have a 88 S-10 frame that I'm building a ratrod out of a 47 and a 48 international truck. I've measured everything WB length everything and it's going to work I've seen friends that do this all day. my question is and not to be rude or anything but I'm not switching to anyother motor smaller/bigger, transmission two. I have a 351 modified fully built to a 400 roller motor the works big block C6 trani and my question is is there anywhere I can find motor/tran mounts I do know they make them for the 302/305/350 BUT im not changing to any of the 3 when I have motor trani sitting here. So, any help would be great!
Thanks, dover.

oh a correction they are 48-49 international my bad :P

hemivette 08-08-2010 11:20 AM

Sounds like you need some steel, a torch, and a welder. Then just fab them up yourself. If I didn't have that stuff, I would make a pattern out of cardboard and take it to a machine or fab shop. Also you may have better luck with your answer at one of the ford forums. It seems to me, if you found another vehicle (at a junk yard) that has or had your motor and tranny, you should be able to cut the mounting towers off the ford frame, and weld them on to yours. You'll have to get creative. As far as there being some kind of kit that acomplishes this,..... not that i've ever heard of. Ford and Chevy guys don't like to use each others stuff. Unless its an old Coupe, and even then its to get rid of the Ford motor, for something more dependable. Good luck with the project!

Hanr3 08-09-2010 10:59 PM

and post pics

of the frame. :icon_teeth:

I'd like to see a build thread, it sounds pretty cool, except for that engine tranny.

old skool luvr 08-10-2010 12:38 AM

yup, i'm with hemivette, time to get creative & fab a set up.

and the Mod man is right (that'd be you Tim). we need to see a build thread of this creation of yours.

but don't listen to all the nay-sayers. if you have a Ford driveline lyin' around, then why spend cash on finding/building another one? besides, i was reading one of my Hot Rod mags earlier tonight, and was amazed @ how all the guys in the late 60's were mostly using Olds & Buick engines in the Rod scene.

different is what gets you noticed..............and remembered! :icon_wink:

Topsecret66 08-10-2010 05:02 AM

Sounds like you are over your head..

Anyone who is working on a rod would know the word

FAB FAB FAB
FAB FAB FAB
FAB FAB FAB
FAB FAB FAB

hemivette 08-10-2010 09:33 AM

The reason for the Buick, Pontiac, Olds swap, was because they were built on a different degree angle (I believe 38 degree) as aposed to Chev, Dodge and Fords 45 degree. What this created was incredible amounts of torque (like 475 ftlbs stock) wich is what you need on the street. My first car was a 69 442, 400 ci. with 456 rearend and I got beat twice in ten years, one was a 63 nova 427, and the other was a 68 camaro, wich I would have won but I popped a headgasket and hydrauliced a cylinder shifting into fourth.

rriddle3 08-10-2010 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by hemivette (Post 353017)
...What this created was incredible amounts of torque (like 475 ftlbs stock) wich is what you need on the street...

Yep, it's the old saying, "horsepower is what you read about and torque is what you feel."

old skool luvr 08-10-2010 09:15 PM

i knew why the engine choice was what it was back in the day hemivette, i was just trying to show him that what may seem odd, may actually work out the best.

besides, you work with what you have, right?

Doverman454 08-12-2010 02:03 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Decided to take a few shots of the Ford's :P and... 2 s-10 frames 1 with a 327/t350 I'll make a build forum later I decided to pop a few shots before I left for work.

and more...

Originally Posted by Topsecret66 (Post 352979)
Sounds like you are over your head..

Anyone who is working on a rod would know the word

FAB FAB FAB
FAB FAB FAB
FAB FAB FAB
FAB FAB FAB

And yes I'm over my head. Was simply asking if they made a kit for the build? Like they do for the 350.

old skool luvr 08-12-2010 11:26 PM

nice 'Bird and Ranger's.

(2nd row of pic's, 3rd & 4th pic's respectively)