Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   Steel Bumper Works... (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/steel-bumper-works-79026/)

97cherryblazer 05-02-2013 11:42 PM

Steel Bumper Works...

2 Attachment(s)
Got in a fender bender today... well for me anyways.

Driving down a side street on my way home someone was pulling out of a apartment complex on the right, he stopped to yield for me (or so i thought) i swore he looked me right in the eyes but he hit the gas and pulled directly out in front of me, he was trying to turn left across my lane. There was a truck coming the other way so i had no choice but to hit him, barely had time to hit the brakes at all.

I tore the front of their Honda whatever down to the block. Didnt bend my bumper at all as far as i can tell nor my tube which i thought for sure snapped off. But it broke my grille, head light, crinkled my fender and made my already bad steering worse. then the idiot tried to move his car and gouged my door. No one was hurt at the time accept my wrist because i had one on the horn and one on the steering wheel. and my back is now sore.

only got a side view of his car because i was being quick. Frame was completely bent in the front.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/attach...ine=1367556160

and heres my truck, i had just washed it too :(

https://blazerforum.com/forum/attach...ine=1367556160

Theres still fresh Honda juice on the bumper.

Thogert 05-03-2013 12:52 AM

Get that honda dna off your ride ASAP. It could cause irreversible damage!

I hope you're not hurt real bad, make sure to get checked out.

But it's good to know the bumper did it's job well. :) Plastic vs. steel = steel wins. Makes me sad mine is plastic. :(

rexazz2 05-03-2013 04:51 AM

Usually these type of accidents are hard on the personal body because you are all tensed up at the time of impact

people do some stupid stuff ,love that he backed in again
had pretty much the same accident last year
Girl actually looked me in the eye and pulled out :icon_dunce:
I was in a right turn lane ,to turn at the corner
She said she thought I was going to turn into the driveway she was pulling out of :icon_warped:
Fortunately for her I was driving my Civic that day and already had my foot on the brake for the corner

slcblazer 05-03-2013 12:13 PM

way to go, looks like a hard hit but its probably the flimsy material that Honda is made out of. Score one for the chevy and steel bumper

okiedoak20 05-03-2013 04:35 PM

so the police did arrive and charge the honda for the incedent right??

sickman420 05-03-2013 05:25 PM

Good for them. I hope the cops find them at fault and their insurance is liability only. Pay the **** attention behind the effing wheel of a car. I hate effing morons. I mean your blazer is red? It's not like it blends into the background. Effing ****s. Sorry for the anger.

97cherryblazer 05-03-2013 11:48 PM

Yeah the cop showed up and he could obviously see what happened, but yet they still tried claiming that it was my fault because they said i "came out of no where so i must have been speeding" but the cop told them it doesnt matter if i was going 2 mph or 100 mph, if they yielded properly then the accident would have never happened. He also said and i quote "you mean to tell me you didnt see this big red truck coming down the road?!?" lol they argued with the cop for 10 minutes and i didnt say a word.

So my truck is in the shop now getting the estimate, i was not happy with the shop owner at all... he tried scaring me by saying my frame is probably bent and basically made it sound like once i drop the keys off to them its either totaled or they fix it. But like hell am i letting them do any work to it at all. You are totally allowed to get the estimate then fix it yourself correct? I have never been through this before... i also highly doubt my frame is bent much at all, because my bumper basically acts as another cross member and it didnt bend at all, but going from 30 to 0 in half a second is a lot of force on that corner for that little visible damage so we will see, fingers crossed.

But as for injuries, i think they just had a sprained neck and i have my wrist and back is still sore, i made the mistake of tensing up right before it happened. But a chiropractor visit or two later and ill be just fine im sure.

bigkhans 05-04-2013 12:28 AM

You're better off going to physical therapy v chiropractor plus insurance won't fight the physical therapy treatment. Also don't sign anything until you get checked out by medical. Adrenaline can mask pain that you may not feel right away, and there is a time limitation for getting yourself looked at.

97cherryblazer 05-04-2013 01:15 AM

Yeah im going to see the doctor tomorrow to get checked then i will most likely go to physical therapy. One of my best family friends owns a PT clinic so that makes it nice.

I just hope my frame isnt bent :( the PS tire got bent out a little bit but im sure that is from a bent tie rod and not frame

97cherryblazer 05-06-2013 03:34 PM

Truck is being looked at today for the estimate, the guy was saying its probably totaled but one way or another its staying in my possession.

My frame can't be bent beyond what an alignment can fix i don't think.. My bumper acts as a big I beam keeping the frame square