Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   Sunfire and cavalier seats bolt in. (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/sunfire-cavalier-seats-bolt-68516/)

tibby 03-06-2012 10:05 PM

Believe it or not, a few months ago I was looking at putting Lexus seats in the blaze. All leather and every option you could think of. They were coming out of a Ford Ranger but the guy wanted $300 for the two front seats so I was like ehhh...

I might just try to keep an eye out for the diamond edition or trailblazer edition or actually just a driver's leather seat in general lol.

abig84 03-06-2012 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by tibby (Post 503363)
Believe it or not, a few months ago I was looking at putting Lexus seats in the blaze. All leather and every option you could think of. They were coming out of a Ford Ranger but the guy wanted $300 for the two front seats so I was like ehhh...

I might just try to keep an eye out for the diamond edition or trailblazer edition or actually just a driver's leather seat in general lol.

you can fit anything in anything with enough work and modification. i got 2009 volvo seats in my 86 k30. leather, 8 position, memory and heated :) only thing that doesnt work is the heated, i never figured out how to wire it up due to the buttons being on the door and i didnt get them with the seats. but total install time was upwards of about 15hrs, had to make and weld brackets in

tibby 03-06-2012 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by abig84 (Post 503393)
you can fit anything in anything with enough work and modification. i got 2009 volvo seats in my 86 k30. leather, 8 position, memory and heated :) only thing that doesnt work is the heated, i never figured out how to wire it up due to the buttons being on the door and i didnt get them with the seats. but total install time was upwards of about 15hrs, had to make and weld brackets in

Exactly, but to me no seat is worth $300 ya know? And these lexus seats sound exactly like those volvo seats.

15 hours? :confused: Dang man. I don't have that kind of time right now. I'll just stick to bolt ons right now lol.

neo71665 03-07-2012 11:35 AM

I had prelude seats in my old reg cab, power everything, and it only took me a sat afternoon to fab everything up.

Took about a hour to put the sunfire seats in. Most of that was spent cleaning the carpet with the old seats removed.

tibby 03-07-2012 03:11 PM

But to add some information to this thread, in order for cavi seats to work, you gotta swap out tracks with your old blazer seat and drill holes in the cavi (Not the actual seat, but the bottom metal support. Just reiterating what Chris said and here ya go Chris if this diy guide will help anyone else that might need it. Just going to leave a link in this thread.

Reference this thread for all the information you will need: Cavi-Baby

neo71665 03-07-2012 05:39 PM

I didn't have to drill anything on my seats, was 100% bolt in swap.

tibby 03-07-2012 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by neo71665 (Post 503594)
I didn't have to drill anything on my seats, was 100% bolt in swap.

I think drilling is for 98 and up. I know you guys have 1st gens and it is a bit different, but for anybody that has a 95+, I thought I would share the diy guide over at s10 forums. I probably should have put the guide is for 98+. My bad lol.

95-97 is direct bolt on as well.

abig84 03-10-2012 10:00 AM

this has been one of the great things ive loved about chevy trucks and cars. so much stuff is internchangeable even thoughout makes, models, and years. it seems that ford and dodge went so far out of their way to make this not possible. when i built my s10 it was cool to see so much k5 stuff bolt right up to it

chris015 03-10-2012 04:44 PM

Got it done today.

Slammed me some sunfire seats from the pull it yard for $40 bucks! they had a 50% off interior sale. Man i got lucky. They bolted right in. only had to swap tracks. Learned my driverside track near the door is cracked,thats why when i move back and forth in my seat i hear a pop. Damnit.

Pics ina bit.

chris015 03-10-2012 06:44 PM

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/7...to03101840.jpg

got kinda dark...but..you get the point.