Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   Tires for 2003 2 door (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/tires-2003-2-door-97298/)

Blazergu 07-15-2018 01:57 PM

Tires for 2003 2 door

Hi I have a 2003 Chevrolet 2 door blazer . Tire size 235 75 15. What would be a really great allterrian tire for it is a 4x4 I live in the thumb of michigan farming country. I do a lot of hunting fishing and camping. So not always on pavement. There is gravel roads mud not deep mud bogging mud or anything like that. Snow dirt trails . But also handle pavement wet and dry. I want a tough tire that can handle anything I can throw at it. I am thinking about ether Bfg ta ko2 or falken at3w or Kelly tsr tires. Is there any I am not looking at or I have not seen yet.all opinions are welcome. Thanks for your help guys and gals.

DonL 07-15-2018 09:01 PM

I run some Goodyear wrangler duratrec for my winter tires, 235/75r15. And they have lasted me three years so far without an issue. Best tires I've had for winters and longest lasting in my opinion.

Blazergu 07-16-2018 10:03 AM

Question

Do the Goodyear duratrac tires wear good. How are the sidewalls seen any cracking or chipping are the sidewalls pretty tough.thank you.

Rusty Nuts 07-16-2018 12:01 PM

Tires are one of the most important decisions us Michiganders make in life. I used tirerack.com when researching tires. They have very thorough ratings and reviews.

DonL 07-16-2018 12:29 PM

It's an aggressive mud/snow tire. Wears amazing, nice and even, I store them in my storage container for the summer, been tempted to get another pair for winters, and use my winters as summers. I paid about 900 cdn installed and balanced when they were on sale. They have already paid for themselves.

Blazergu 07-16-2018 07:19 PM

Odd question

When buying new allterrian tires do you need a really deep tire tread depth or is that something tire shops tell you to buy a more expensive tire.

DonL 07-16-2018 09:34 PM

Personally I find that the deeper thread is only need in very light sand, or watery mudd.... gives more traction to dig out. But if your not going heavy off reading, a light all terrain thread should be fine.

I do more researching than listening to sales rep. Word of mouth is the best way to judge a product.

Blazergu 07-20-2018 12:41 PM

Got tires

Hi I want and got tires I hope I made the right decision. I went with Firestone destination A/T. I hope they are as good as the reviews I have read and tire rack said they were.if not. I have 30 days to try them out if I don't like them I can return them for a refund or exchange. So here's to hoping they are good. Thanks to everyone for there help.

jimspahr@msn.com 07-26-2018 07:46 AM

Let's us know how they work for your application. Also I am interested in the mileage and the noise at highway speeds.