General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Is this a ZR-2?? I Cant tell. Have a vin and pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 04:41 AM
Beginning Member
1994BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road
Default Is this a ZR-2?? I Cant tell. Have a vin and pics

1GNCT18W12K182731
http://alldrivemotors.com/vehicle.php?id=30029

I can get it as a good price!

Old 03-03-2010, 05:58 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Nope. That's just a regular 4x4 blazer. ZR2's are a little taller and have fender flares another way to know is open the glove box and read the rpo codes. There will be a code saying ZR2. But wow look at the dents caused by the tire carrier. Make sure you have them knock off a lot of money for that. Check the tailgate as well. Wouldn't be surprised if that is dented as well.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:04 AM
vanillathrilla is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the tip, nj4x4.. I didn't realize the RPO code would actually say ZR2. Since mine is in question too, I'm going to remember to check for that code. lol!

Old 03-03-2010, 07:30 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Yup...Dave explained it best. You'll know a ZR2 when you see one.
I agree about the dents too. Mine is starting to do the same thing on my bottom bracket. They are no where near that bad though. They shouldn't dent in that bad...something might be wrong with the mount under the sheet metal. It does have a 5spd though, which would be nice. They are correct in saying it's a rare option. You really don't see many at all.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:51 AM
Starting Member
Rogue is on a distinguished road

No mileage or price listed. Plus the dents.......

Have been shopping around a lot over the last few weeks. Never saw one with dents, though it`s been posted that it is common. Two other things. The Blazers I have seen advertised by dealers have always had the key on so the mileage shows. This one does`t.
It also looks like it has a dual 12 volt outlet under the dash on the passenger side. Do`t think that is factory.

I would tread very carefully on this one.

Just my

Old 03-03-2010, 08:14 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rogue
...It also looks like it has a dual 12 volt outlet under the dash on the passenger side. Do`t think that is factory...
It's factory. Mine has them.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:41 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

x2. It is factory...standard on all Blazers as far as I know. I don't think it's an option...

Old 03-03-2010, 08:45 AM
Starting Member
Rogue is on a distinguished road

@ rriddle3 & Sisk. Not doubting you guys.

Just never remember seeing it before in any of the Blazers I`v looked at.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:46 AM
vanillathrilla is on a distinguished road

Yep. I have the dual outlets and the cigarette lighter as well.

Old 03-03-2010, 11:31 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I have the single outlet in my 05. If you can, go look at it personally.

Quick Reply: Is this a ZR-2?? I Cant tell. Have a vin and pics