Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   Top gear crowns blazer as toughest off roader (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/top-gear-crowns-blazer-toughest-off-roader-62147/)

darknight 08-17-2011 10:12 AM

Yeah I was watching it da other night too.... Blazers rock.... I'm just mad dat he killed the bronco... Smh... O well lmao!!!!!

pettyfog 08-17-2011 11:13 AM

heh.. go ahead and gloat... But as a Ford guy I say 'your trophy and welcome to it!'. Ford never really was serious about building a vehicle tough enough for major off roading.
- added: Yeah I know they attempted with the Bronco but didnt stay with it. Sorta like the F1 program; GT against Ferrari.

In fact on our farm when I was young we had 2 pickups, an F 100 to haul stuff on the roads and a Gimmy for slogging through fields and typical 'off the road' crap.

'Built Ford Tough' is true to a point but only to a point.

ChevyBlazerChick 08-17-2011 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by 97cherryblazer (Post 453904)
Yeah that's a good point. I did hear that when TG UK started they where really dry and boring. But for the American TG I think they should do a challenge where they have to eqch buy mid sized SUV's with 4000$ and see which is better. Like maybe a Blazer, an Exploder and a Durango (or something else closer spec wise to the first two). But we all know what would win that... Lol

OMG they were HORRID when they first started. They had some heavset dude instead of May... and all he did was talk about what do do when looking for a car to buy... or something stupid and boring like that.

97cherryblazer 08-17-2011 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by ComputerNerdBD (Post 453909)
$4000 doesn't buy much in a midsize unless it is early to mid 90s or older. My 1998 is worth about that much and it isn't even modified for offroad. Plus I seriously doubt that without a lift, skid plates, transmission cooler, intake and huge tires, these trucks can do what the fullsizes did.

Plus the Blazer would probably win that anyway for several reasons:

you could get a really nice late 90's blazer for 4k im sure, thats what i was getting at. but yeah i have no doubt the blazer would win the challenge. you missed a very common problem with the exploder tho... the big "Ford" badge it has on the front. lol

Steve-o 08-17-2011 09:32 PM

but when u have a problem with a ford the problem is already circled :]

pettyfog 08-17-2011 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Steve-o (Post 454186)
but when u have a problem with a ford the problem is already circled :]

Yeah.. you guys keep thinking that way. :icon_angel: If I could have found a same year Mercury Mountaineer or Explorer XLT anywhere near the inside and outside condition as my Bravada for the same price I wouldnt even have thought twice about the Bravada.

But I did my research and I know cars pretty well. I'm happy with the Brava.. but I aint dumb.

RangerG 08-18-2011 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by pettyfog (Post 454204)
Yeah.. you guys keep thinking that way. :icon_angel: If I could have found a same year Mercury Mountaineer or Explorer XLT anywhere near the inside and outside condition as my Bravada for the same price I wouldnt even have thought twice about the Bravada.

But I did my research and I know cars pretty well. I'm happy with the Brava.. but I aint dumb.

Those are 2 different animals and price range than a Bravada. That's fullsize Trailblazer territory.

Steve-o 08-18-2011 09:09 AM

i kinda like hte new trailblazer but they make me think of a soccer mom SUV lol

grayfort 08-20-2011 10:19 PM

I think the US version should be retitled Dumb, Dumber, and Dumberer.