Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   Trees, ditches, and side roads suck. (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/trees-ditches-side-roads-suck-10559/)

drperry 05-03-2007 07:52 AM

Trees, ditches, and side roads suck.

Coming back home from a friends this morning, I'm driving along this nice fairly open dirt road...

I'm coming up to an intersection, that has a little POS car at the stop sign (keep in mind, I have NO stop signs for my direction, as it's the 'main' road of that part)

Right as I'm about 10 - 15 feet away from the intersection, the car frickin' starts going, and I can see its tires spinning, so I know damned well what she was aiming for... She wanted a new car. (Without witnesses, if there's a young male vs. any aged female in an accident, it's automatically assumed, that the male caused the accident)

So I slam the brakes, crank the wheel, miss the stop sign by about 5 inches and sail off into the ditch... And the girl drives by, giving me a dirty look, like I did something wrong, and then drives off, doesn't even stop to make sure I'm okay or anything.

There must've been a piece of tree in the mud, or something, because some of the rubber on my brush guard is loose now, and I've got broken bumper fascia,at the drivers side tow hook.After I get some sleep, I'm going to take a closer look and see what else is toast.

And of course, AFTER the car is gone, a cop pulls up and asks me what the heck I thought I was doing in the ditch.

Yay for a good morning.

At least the truck seemed to drive just fine... Nothing feels wonky yet...

speeddemon560 05-03-2007 05:16 PM

RE: Trees, ditches, and side roads suck.

I hate when that happens. Hopefully the damage isn't too bad.

drperry 05-03-2007 05:42 PM

The plastic around the drivers side tow hook is broken loose... and my brushguard is bent... Hopefully it's not the truck frame... And the rubber strip on the drivers side brushuard post is loose, and flapping in the wind, lol.

Luckilly, I was only going 60km/h instead of the speed limit... So my turn didn't make me roll... And the power poles were on the other side of the road...

Hopefully I'll be able to bend my brushguardback into place easilly enough... Maybe with a couple tow straps, a cable jack, and a big rock...

So far, it doesn't seem like there's any important damage, only superficial... I'll know more once I get the mud cleaned off and the truck up on blocks.

EuroGoldLS 05-03-2007 07:42 PM

Thank goodness you have a brush guard. It may have damaged something more expensive had it not been there.

drperry 05-03-2007 09:30 PM

I'm just happy it stayed rubber side down... the ditch was kinda steep, lol.

EuroGoldLS 05-04-2007 09:20 AM

Very true. Tires are always the best things to stay on.

drperry 05-04-2007 06:49 PM

now comes the fun part, of getting a replacement valence! lol

and then, getting the thing painted...

blazinloud 05-08-2007 10:10 AM

OMG!!! if some chick did that to me I woulda chased her downand slapped some sense into her!, then tie her down to some train tracks......thats absolutly crazy!

glad u and ur truck are o.k

drperry 05-08-2007 03:55 PM

Well, I would have chased her down... Not to beat her up or anything like that, but just to ask WTF is wrong with her... Unfortunately, there's a lot of moisture in the ground, so that makes for muddy ditch...

blazinloud 05-08-2007 04:41 PM

im no woman beater, but damn, she sure deserves it