General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Un freakin' believable !!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 07:49 PM
Starting Member
blazeofglory is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Un freakin' believable !!!

Was headed to the shop to pick up my rolloff truck and on the way,.........the Blazer got hit!!! Or according to the insurance company, (the guy that hit me and I have the same insurance company) IT'S TOTALED!!!! ................................NO FREAKIN' WAY!!!

Now I ask you,........................does this look like a "TOTAL LOSS" to any of you???!!!!

The damage you see,.................is ALL THERE IS!!!!

The air bags aren't blown, and there is NO structural damage what so ever!!!

So again I ask,........does this look like a "TOTAL LOSS"

Attached Thumbnails Un freakin' believable !!!-dsc_7842.jpg   Un freakin' believable !!!-dsc_7844.jpg   Un freakin' believable !!!-dsc_7841.jpg   Un freakin' believable !!!-dsc_7837.jpg   Un freakin' believable !!!-dsc_7836.jpg  

Un freakin' believable !!!-dsc_7840.jpg   Un freakin' believable !!!-dsc_7835.jpg   Un freakin' believable !!!-dsc_7838.jpg   Un freakin' believable !!!-dsc_7839.jpg  
Old 04-18-2017, 08:23 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't think it would be a total loss, but that all depends on what they valued the vehicle at and what their repair costs were calculated to be. A new door, bodywork the fender, paint & pin stripe could end up being nearly a grand at an expensive body shop. Some insurance companies will only repair up to 70% of what they determine the vehicle's value to be.

Old 04-18-2017, 08:45 PM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

I think they valued my 98 4x4 blazer at like 2700$ when it got hit 5 years ago. A vehicle totals at 75% of its value, and to have a body shop properly repair that, it could probably go 2000$+ it doesn't seem like much damage but to do it right they'd remove the rear bumper, quarter glass, replace the door, paint the new one(inside and out) remove and install all the parts from the old door to the new door, repair the quarter, prime it, block it paint it. Jamb has to get painted, front fender has to get blended/cleared for color match to the new door. Headlights have to get R&i to, etc

If you want I can punch the info into my estimating software at work tomorrow and see what it comes out to, just so you have something to put it against.

With that being said, if I were you, I'd buy that back from the insurance company (it would be super cheap)and keep driving it

Last edited by chevyriders; 04-18-2017 at 08:49 PM.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

It's because they saw that front bumper on there lol!

Just keep it out if insurance and tell the other dude to give you the $500 he was going to be putting towards his deductible instead and then find the parts yourself. That way you keep your truck with a clean title and he will be happy not to have his insurance go up!

Old 04-19-2017, 09:37 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

that sucks. Paint gets soo expensive.

Old 04-19-2017, 12:16 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

my truck is so old it gets totaled for a dent. you just have to figure how much the body shop is going to charge you do do a great job on it, cutting and removing the panel, welding a new one in and painting it.

so if your truck is only worth $2500 and its a $2700 job then yep totaled.

last time i got hit some lady blew a red light slid and hit the bed of my truck, basically looked like someone ran full speed and kicked it in. nothing a 6 foot prybar couldnt fix,

Old 04-19-2017, 07:55 PM
Rusty Nuts is on a distinguished road

Since they value it so little, is it worth your while to take the payoff from the insurance and buy it back from them? If you can do that before they get the title and change it to salvage vehicle that would be best. Sorry to see that after all the work you've put into it.

Old 04-19-2017, 09:16 PM
Starting Member
blazeofglory is an unknown quantity at this point

Well to be honest when starting this post I should have indicated that it was composed more out of frustration than looking for answers. (although it doesn't hurt to get input in search of other alternatives)

I guess the thing that bothers me the most is how little value is placed on 2nd gen Blazers. (Kelly Blue Book, NADA, etc.) show mine only being worth $300.00-$1100.00 (based primarily on age and mileage) the adjusters est. is $1500 and change. So escentually if I continue with the claim.................... it's totaled.

So if I were to let them total it,..........then it would end up costing me WAY MORE (to the point where I would end up having to PAY the insurance company just to keep my own vehicle AND then have to pay for the repairs out of my own pocket as well!!!????)

So at this point it looks like I'm just going to have to cancel the claim and suck it up and fix it on my own. That SUCKS!!! I feel like I'm being punished by my own insurance company (for being in the wrong place at the wrong time) for an accident that wasn't in ANY WAY my fault!!!

Old 04-20-2017, 06:07 AM
Starting Member
Vahomboy is on a distinguished road

On another foot, did the other guy get charged (his fault) for hitting you? If so, have you considered suing him for damages?

Old 04-20-2017, 12:44 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

still looks pretty driveable just leave it alone or take it to a detail shop and have them buff out the scratches to make them look a little better and just pocket the money for your pain and suffering. but dont let them take it as its probably very cheap to buy it back. last time it was $125 to buy back my 1990 silverado. i figured the tires were worth that

Quick Reply: Un freakin' believable !!!