General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Viper keyless entry in a 2000 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 09:48 PM
Beginning Member
Mikel7829 is on a distinguished road
Default Viper keyless entry in a 2000 Blazer

Ok started on this viper basic keyless entry system the other day..Didn't spent alot of time with it being in the 90's and very humid..Anyway playing with this I could not get this to lock or unlock using the keyless entry tapped in the Light blue and the white at the BCM..One thing I did not check was to see if it would trigger it when the doors where actually closed as I do believe I read somewhere once upon a time about this changing something not sure on what exactly it was to be honest..I have done Alarms,remote starts and keyless entry but this is my first with a blazer..Viper model is 211HV...
If anyone has any tips on this as what needs to go to what would be greatly appreciated to get this to work as it should.

Thanks,Mikel

Old 06-18-2018, 08:37 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Your Blazer will be +12v trigger lock relays. Does your keyless entry unit output +12v? In my experience most Vipers can, but require changing a jumper on the side to change from -12v to +12v. Check the install manual to be sure.

Old 06-18-2018, 12:38 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by El_Beautor
Your Blazer will be +12v trigger lock relays. Does your keyless entry unit output +12v? In my experience most Vipers can, but require changing a jumper on the side to change from -12v to +12v. Check the install manual to be sure.
they are several different door lock and unlock options and different polarities that I could tell..anyway you could look at the manual online and see if you can make any sense out of it? I do not believe it has a jumper..I read the manual several times maybe I missed something idk

Old 06-18-2018, 12:59 PM
Beginning Member

And just the light blue and white wire at the BCM is all that has to be used for the locks correct?

Old 06-19-2018, 08:15 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Are you sure that the blue and white wires you selected are the correct wires? You tested them with a multimeter or other safe testing tool? The BCM isn't the easiest place to find the lock trigger wires. There is a small module on the bottom of the driver side under-dash panel, near where your left toe will rest. This is the keyless entry module. Test the wires there using a multimeter to determine which are the correct lock wires. Check the wiring list on The12Volt.com.
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay...etail/437.html

Assuming that your keyless entry unit can output 200mA +12v, then you do not require anything else. If your unit can only output -12v then you will need to wire a pair of relays to reverse the polarity. Your installation manual will tell you what your unit can do, and will probably include various wiring diagrams.

Last edited by El_Beautor; 06-19-2018 at 08:19 AM.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:08 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by El_Beautor
Are you sure that the blue and white wires you selected are the correct wires? You tested them with a multimeter or other safe testing tool? The BCM isn't the easiest place to find the lock trigger wires. There is a small module on the bottom of the driver side under-dash panel, near where your left toe will rest. This is the keyless entry module. Test the wires there using a multimeter to determine which are the correct lock wires. Check the wiring list on The12Volt.com.
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay...etail/437.html

Assuming that your keyless entry unit can output 200mA +12v, then you do not require anything else. If your unit can only output -12v then you will need to wire a pair of relays to reverse the polarity. Your installation manual will tell you what your unit can do, and will probably include various wiring diagrams.
there is a blue 200ma +12v on the keyless entry module..And 12volt does say light blue and white at the BCM..Also I have tried the keyless entry plug light blue and white wire..Also the ones at the main harness connector box that has the 1/4 Hex screw left of the steering column under the dash...Ok so if I use the 200ma +12 blue wire from the viper module does it go to the unlock or lock triggers and what will be to the other?

Old 06-19-2018, 09:20 PM
Beginning Member

Here's a link to the diagram for the viper module.

https://www.google.com/search?client...8HczyzKU0jVjM:

Last edited by Mikel7829; 06-19-2018 at 09:23 PM.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:07 AM
BF Veteran

Have you tested the factory wires to make sure that you are connecting to the correct wires, and that the factory system is working correctly? FYI, the factory keyless module must be plugged in to work and to test the locks.

After testing to make sure that you have the correct vehicle lock wires, and that the vehicle system is working correctly, the Viper blue +12v lock wire goes to the vehicle light blue lock wire. The Viper green +12v unlock wire goes to the vehicle white unlock wire.

Old 06-21-2018, 06:50 PM
Beginning Member

The blazer does not have the factory keyless module..just the pigtail..And yes factory lock wires are working correct...I have 3 different locations I have tapped in to the light blue and white wires......What blue +12v wire on the viper are you talking about..I have a blue +200ma wire I see no solid green 12volt...from the diagram I linked can you give me the number of the wires your speaking of that goes to my light blue and white wires?
And thanks again for the help buddy!

Old 06-22-2018, 02:00 PM
BF Veteran

Sorry. The link goes to a Google search and I mistakenly looked at the wrong module. The Viper 211hv you have is a little different.

This might be easier if you posted a picture of the factory keyless pigtail so I can remember what wires are there, but I'll take a stab at it. I'm pretty sure that the factory blue & white wires will not work without that module plugged in, so you may have to wire this differently if you don't have that module.

Step 1: You can test if the simple method will still work using a test light. Connect the clip end of your test light to +12v, and use the probe end to tap either the blue or white factory lock wire at the factory keyless plug. If the locks cycle when you tap with +12v then you can proceed with step 2. If you cannot cycle the locks using a test light as described above then the directions below will NOT work.

I'll assume that you know the basics of vehicle wiring. I'm a proponent of soldering wires, so that is what I suggest. Connect the power, ground, light, horn, etc. to the proper vehicle sources as described on The12Volt.com.
Step 2: You'll connect both the Violet/Black lock (#87 normally open) and the Violet unlock (#87 normally open) to a fused +12v source.

Step 3: Connect the Blue/Black Unlock (#30 common output) to the white vehicle unlock wire. Connect the Green/Black Lock (#30 common output) to the blue vehicle lock wire.

If you are unable to cycle the locks using a test light with +12v on the lock/unlock wires at the factory unlock module, then you're going to have to either replace that module or I believe that you can wire the lock wires using a 5 wire setup. You do not need to add any relays or anything extra (your module is capable of this type of setup) but it is a very different system than what I described above. You'll have to find the lock wires in the kick-panel where they come from the door harness, and cut them to splice in the keyless module. Use the diagram on this page to understand the 5 wire system. Don't worry about pins 85 & 86 in the diagram. Those are done internally to your module. The other pins will line up with the pin numbers in the 211vh diagram.

Quick Reply: Viper keyless entry in a 2000 Blazer