Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   wet passanger side floor (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/wet-passanger-side-floor-98561/)

Drulli01blazer 01-08-2019 10:17 PM

wet passanger side floor

I have an 01 blazer and the passenger side floor is wet it doesn't smell like antifreese but i also mix water with it so it could be. i don't know what has gone bad so if you know or this has happened to you please tell me what to do.

GreenBlazer2002 01-09-2019 04:38 AM

If you are not loosing anything from the radiator, it could be leaking around the door. Does the door sag at all?

Drulli01blazer 01-09-2019 06:35 AM

The door is not loose. But I have a friend who has an older 1500 Silverado and he said it was his heater core but I didn't know if anyone with a blazer has had that problem or at least heard of the problem.

DonL 01-09-2019 08:25 AM

F your not losing rad fluid, and your heater doesnt lose heat, then I would say it's either the door weatherseal, or check your undercarriage for a rust hole in your floor. Might be coming up from the road while driving.

if you notice it getting wet on dry days, then I would say you have a small leak your your heater core.

G0LFADD1CT 01-09-2019 08:35 AM

The easiest way to tell if it's a heater core leak is to see if you've lost any coolant in the radiator. You can run a finger in the wet spot and stick it on your tongue. If it's coolant you'll know. My leak was so big that the inside of the windows fogged up when running the defrost. Pray it's a door seal and not the heater core......

Drulli01blazer 01-09-2019 08:50 AM

was it hard to replace? because i have a felling that that is what it is.

DonL 01-09-2019 09:27 AM

More time consuming then hard, you have to take off the entire dash. Can be done in a day. Search a YouTube video to give you an idea... cheaper if you take it yourself... way cheaper...

Drulli01blazer 01-09-2019 10:06 AM

Thanks for the suggestions

error_401 01-13-2019 04:39 AM

check the carpet on the middle tunnel.
The heater core is inside a casing which in turn is hidden behind a cover above the right hand foot of the passenger side on the firewall below the dash.
The casing of the core itself leads to the center console and HVAC. If it leaks sometimes the coolant runs along the seam and drips down onto the right side of the tunnel in the middle. Also by prying back the carpet you can feel if it is wet behind. If there is moisture or even wet in the middle of the passenger side at the firewall it most probably is the core.

When the truck is warmed up and with the engine running you may run your hand or a towel along the under side of the casing. Kitchen paper does a good job in detecting any moisture. If it is a real leak you can feel the warm water.

The cores can leak from just moisture to a steady drip.

Just put my repaired one back into my blazer one week ago. PITA the first time you take it apart.