General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 07:12 AM
Justanotherguy is on a distinguished road
Default That was way to simple

so yea it was a burnt bundle from the cigarette lighter. Some redneck thought that power supply would handle the load of a remote starter if he put an 30 amp fuse in it!!!! Fixed almost every issue except the relay it fried. Once I break the old one free from behind the break pedal it should be back on track. :-)

Old 09-19-2017, 07:17 AM
Justanotherguy is on a distinguished road
Default Aint no parts truck lol

Originally Posted by DonL
^^^^^^

Sounds like a good parts truck if the body and interior is in good shape.

Let us know what comes out of it. Have you gone around with a tester to see if it's switches or just shot wires?
I'm not parting this old girl out it's in to good of shape to tear apart. It's got a lil rust but my body shop estimates the cost to be under $500 to get her back to her original glory. In the near future I'm swapping the 4.3 for a brand new Ls1.

Old 09-19-2017, 10:10 AM
Starting Member
Brian K. Balzer is on a distinguished road
Default Just shoot it

Originally Posted by Justanotherguy
im no mechanic and this is my first blazer. Just picked up an 1994 with so many wiring issues it's unreal. Good thing this truck was cheap I'd prob shoot it already lol oh rough idle as well but I figured that out with the threads here.
I say just shoot it. I hate electrical issues. We've got a couple of those on Old Blue.

Old 09-19-2017, 10:36 AM
Starting Member
Brian K. Balzer is on a distinguished road
Default Reprieve

Originally Posted by Justanotherguy
so yea it was a burnt bundle from the cigarette lighter. Some redneck thought that power supply would handle the load of a remote starter if he put an 30 amp fuse in it!!!! Fixed almost every issue except the relay it fried. Once I break the old one free from behind the break pedal it should be back on track. :-)

Ok, so I just saw this post after I suggested shooting it. I reckon you shouldn't shoot it just yet.

Old 09-22-2017, 08:21 PM
Beginning Member
Poppy53 is on a distinguished road

Working off & on for the past 2 months, I finally removed my v6 engine from my 96 Blazer 4x4 today by myself. They hid the bolts well. I removed the grill & radiator support for easier access. Did not have to remove the hood. Appears the transmission is not the original, looks new. Positive news. It is now on the stand so tomorrow I can clean the block & heads. Lot of crud in the coolant. Engine not taken care of. Oil is the wrong color. Lot of oil leaks. The vacuum lines fell apart as touched. Amazon got me all the gaskets, sensors, timing chain, gear & cover to help get rid of 8 engine "P" codes & 5 ABS "C" codes I will do once I get her running again. Whether it runs again or not, she will look "purdy" when done.

Last edited by Poppy53; 09-22-2017 at 08:39 PM. Reason: grammer, add on.
Old 09-23-2017, 07:50 AM
GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road

Happy to report the following-
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!

Old 09-24-2017, 12:08 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Installed Dynomax Cat-Back exhaust on my 1999 Blazer LT that has a 2" lift. Easy install. It was only after I identified it as an easy DIY muffler install that I realized it is also considered a bit of a performance upgrade. Whoo Hoo!

Old 09-24-2017, 03:28 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

After moving the 50" light bar up to a different mounting location Friday, I developed a horrible vibration from it. So today I applied a $10 10 minute fix

Old 09-26-2017, 05:19 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Went outside after work today to install new hinge pin bushings on the passenger front door, only to be stopped because my stupid self only got one kit, which is only good for one pin and the pair of bushing for it... I swear these things are like headlight bulbs, they REALLY shouldn't sell them individually because they should BOTH be changed at the same time... So now I have to spend another $10 on a second kit so I can do both the upper and the lower hinges tomorrow...

Old 09-27-2017, 10:35 AM
Strangerock is on a distinguished road

Changed all the vacuum line that controls the 4 wheel drive. and verified the vacuum connections on the firewall solenoid were correct , I had found a diagram from a unknown service manual that showed these 2 connections incorrectly , there is a photo in one of Lesmyers posts that shows the proper way..... Don't always believe the aftermarket service manuals.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?