General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Old 12-06-2017, 02:00 PM
Starting Member
Snap-Off is on a distinguished road

The only thing I did to my Blazer today was came to a conclusion..

The main bearings along with the whole lower end have been sitting for a year in a bath of oil and coolant. Amazed it still runs without some serious knocking going on.

But came to the conclusion that it's just going to get a replacement engine. Going straight past LIM and Head gaskets and just having the whole dang thing swapped out. Because I have this feeling that the minute I put any sort of stress on this engine , a bearing is gonna go BANG..

Until I amass the funds for that , there's plenty to get done...

Old 12-06-2017, 08:00 PM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

I think that's a good choice. Odds are you would have an issue pretty quickly after having the coolant mixing around in there for so long.

I got my new drivers side upper control arm on after having to drill the bushings out, because they were a tenth of an inch too small for some reason...and got the shock and balljoint hooked back up. Finally off the lift(one week later)

Old 12-09-2017, 08:36 PM
Starting Member
Snap-Off is on a distinguished road

Confirmed my suspicion today and also justified my decision for a replacement engine... Misfire on 1,2 and 4 , cylinder 2 is dead, no compression.

Also been reading up on 2002 Blazers with RPO: CTF ....Blazer was delivered to me without any radio at all. Just glad I did my due diligence and research prior to getting a harness and dash kit. RPO: CTF is one of GM's entertaining mid year curve *****.

Will keep learning all I can about some of this Blazers quirks until I get enough stashed away to place an order with LKQ..

Old 12-09-2017, 10:06 PM
Starting Member
2004 Blazer is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=jone531@bellsouth.net;683553]Confirmed one of GM's entertaining mid year curve *****.
I am rebuilding the 4L60E transmission on a 2004 Blazer,I had to purchase a special "TORX+" T-50 bit for the bellhousing bolts. I stripped one out after already trying to use a regular T-50 bit. It just so happens that the 4L60E changed to a molded front pump seal mid year requiring the bellhousing to be removed, as it provides the clamping of the seal. I dodged a bullet and have the "old" style pump seal ... whew !! I did not need to remove it. The rebuild kit was missing one of the bearings and I had to order a separator plate due to the common check ball damage. This transmission will not be adapted for use with an LS engine easily. New tool, no use ! Yet.

Old 12-10-2017, 06:11 PM
Beginning Member
marty68 is on a distinguished road

left wiper arm decided to not play nice with right wiper arm..... i simply had to tighten nut down it took nearly one full turn. plan was to remove arm and slide 2 pieces of welding wire between arm and spline.
also contemplating an eventual 4.8/4l60e swap.. already have engine trans. it was intended for 68chev short step

Old 12-12-2017, 01:20 PM
ski9600 is on a distinguished road

I replaced the battery today. It went smoove, and I was out of there in like 45 minutes.

Old 12-12-2017, 04:18 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Got the last coats of color sprayed on the winch mount. Will be able to bolt it on finally!...

Old 12-12-2017, 07:04 PM
SJP
Beginning Member
SJP is on a distinguished road

I got research done. LOL. Took me a while to identify the correct rear bearings and seals for my '01 LT. Will tackle that repair in a few days.

Old 12-13-2017, 05:59 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Last time this thing is mocked up before being bolted on permanently. It'll come off one more time to actually install the winch and fab a shield to protect the oil filter from the winch. Fits like a glove!

Old 12-13-2017, 06:26 PM
Starting Member
Lefet is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
Last time this thing is mocked up before being bolted on permanently. It'll come off one more time to actually install the winch and fab a shield to protect the oil filter from the winch. Fits like a glove!

Looks really great! Did you purchase it as a direct fit and if so, what other years would it fit. I like it. Gives you what you need but doesn't take away from the aesthetics of the vehicle. Kind of like a "sleeper"!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?