General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 06:30 PM
Rusty Nuts is on a distinguished road

Sorry about your zr2 newguy. Glad you were wearing seat belts. Next time use the semi for crashing fords. I'm looking forward to your next build. You have too many good parts to not get another. My 2nd gen is black and I like it. You could rock a blue one, or white maybe red we'll let you pick the color.

Old 05-07-2018, 06:40 PM
AZ Blazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by N. Jensen
Always been interested in rotary engines. Looking forward to your progress.
Sorry. I should have been a little more specific. What I ment was I will be installing the crankshaft, rods, and pistons. That is often reffered to as the “rotating assembly”.

Old 05-07-2018, 09:18 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by AZ Blazer

Sorry. I should have been a little more specific. What I ment was I will be installing the crankshaft, rods, and pistons. That is often reffered to as the “rotating assembly”.

I hope he was joking lol

Old 05-07-2018, 09:27 PM

Made some videos :P

Last edited by blazen_red_4x4; 05-07-2018 at 10:25 PM.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:42 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

That sucks Newguy. What's even worse is the state of MA is going to hammer you with a 6 year insurance surcharge (less if you don't get any tickets, and have a clean driving record). Hopefully you can find someone - a relative, or really good friend - to have insurance in their name, or register the next vehicle in ME, VT or NH. Will save you a pile of money.

I agree with buying another identical Blazer. That's your cheapest way out of this. Even better if you can replace the whole front clip and frame, and keep the vehicle registered - that way you save on tax, title, and registration.

Bad goes fast in this state. There's just too many damn people on the roads today.

AZ Blazer: You're lucky you don't have to deal with the rust that we deal with up here. I'd still be driving my '89 Blazer if not for that! I would've done the same thing - bought a long block, or completely rebuilt what I had.

I swapped a '00 4.3 into that one, minus all the electronics - carb & HEI. Back to basics. Thing was much more enjoyable to drive like that than my '07 Silverado. The throttle response was lightning fast, and only lost half a mile per gallon. Gained quite a bit of torque in the midrange too.

(Most of my pics are a victim of Photobucket, unfortunately) https://blazerforum.com/forum/genera...-begins-63094/

Last edited by Smitty Smithsonite; 05-08-2018 at 08:53 AM.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:57 AM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
I hope he was joking lol

Old 05-10-2018, 01:53 PM
canadianbacon is on a distinguished road

Got 2 new front shocks installed, along with 1 new end-link. The other end-link will be installed probably later tonight, just need another hand.

Old 05-10-2018, 03:04 PM
GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road

Added refridgerant to the 97. Nice to have the a/c working in that one. Now I have 2 out of 4 vehicles with a/c. At least I made some progress on something today.

Old 05-10-2018, 07:48 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

So I haven' been on in a while so I figure I'll do one. Since the lift kit, I've had to replace three out of four brake calipers, got a new ball receiver for the trailer since the height of the truck changed. And today I got new rubbers for the new to me rims I got just before winter.

Old 05-11-2018, 10:28 PM

I've reworked and fix a LOT of wiring this week while I've had the wife's car to drive to and from work while she's with family in Tennessee, so I've been able to leave the Blazer parked and get some serious work done.

Got this creation together this afternoon. Going to mate it to a bundle of wires that I have hanging down from the hole for the overhead console. I'd like to consider the switch labels temporary lol would like to find some better more "professional" looking labels...

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?