General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 09:23 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
yeah yeah, I know, this little project is taking WAY too long lol

I get side tracked very easily...

I did manage to get these rear seats bolted in today though!

Very nice!

Old 02-04-2019, 10:07 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Are those z71 4x4 emblems behind the rear doors?

edit: is that also a seat belt coming out of the rear of your front passenger seat? They work better going along the front of the seat

Old 02-04-2019, 08:52 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DonL
Are those z71 4x4 emblems behind the rear doors?

edit: is that also a seat belt coming out of the rear of your front passenger seat? They work better going along the front of the seat
yes, and yes

The front seat is currently a cloth bench. One of those installs on a whim because I thought it would be neat to be able to flip the console up and the miss's could ride beside me. Turns out the center seat is super uncomfortable and that happened maybe twice lmao. Had buckets before and I'm missing the storage it had compared to the flip up console style...

And the emblems I pulled off a Tahoe a while back :P Stuck them on literally just to see if any one would notice, and believe it or not you're the first that's pointed them out LOL!

Old 02-04-2019, 09:45 PM
BF Veteran

Looks good! I've been thinking of putting zr2 decals on the rear of mine, but hand painting "wanna be" under them... and adding a 4x4 emblem on the rear, once I get it working....

Old 02-05-2019, 06:01 PM
BF Veteran

I discovered a leak in my radiator. With the cold and snowy conditions, this is not a good time for this to happen. Good thing I don't need the truck for any longer trips.

When I went out to shovel the snow, I found an area behind the left front corner where all the snow was melted and there was liquid. I thought it might have been power steering fluid but an inspection of the power steering pump and lines and with the air filter box out I could see it dripping from the lower left corner of the radiator where the plastic meets the aluminum.

Not a happy camper.

Old 02-05-2019, 06:15 PM
BF Veteran

Measured out the pieces I need for my muffler swap.

also found a 500$ jimmy, power everything. Needs hub(I have 2 in the blazer), battery, and a misfire. Waitting to hear back from the owner... plan on meeting this Saturday to look at it... oh yea, it has 180k km on it(112k miles).

Old 02-05-2019, 10:56 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Christine, I thought my radiator was leaking .. Ended up being the upper hose clamp. I over tightened it. It was slowly leaking down the side... Couldn't see the source for a little bit. I apparently have a nasty habit of over tightening things.

Don, that sounds like a great project for the ol' lady!?

Old 02-06-2019, 01:15 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by N. Jensen
Christine, I thought my radiator was leaking .. Ended up being the upper hose clamp. I over tightened it. It was slowly leaking down the side... Couldn't see the source for a little bit. I apparently have a nasty habit of over tightening things.

I'm pretty sure I would have noticed a leak from the upper hose clamp but I'd be foolish not to check it considering how much work it would save me and how easy it would be to check! If I overlooked such a simple thing, I think my happiness at saving money and not having to do the repair will more than make up for any hurt pride at having missed it.

I'll be sure to make a full report tomorrow.

Old 02-06-2019, 08:42 AM
BF Veteran

unfortunately its a bandaid repair until the summer... just wait until I pull it out, itll make you cringe lol... I got about a 2k list for the summer lol... but after that, shell be new again!.... still waitting to hear back about ththe jimmy... really hoping for it, that'll be the wife's ride...

Old 02-06-2019, 01:04 PM
BF Veteran

Well I checked and it is not due to the upper radiator hose leaking. It is definitely from the joint of the plastic side part with the aluminum part from about 3" above the bottom of the joint. I went to try to use my little Honda but the fan motor for the defrost would not start so I'm stuck driving the truck for at least today and see how much coolant I lose. Fortunately, my drive to work is about 5 minutes.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?