General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 04:20 PM
Thager is on a distinguished road

got my ac delco fuel pump in the mail today , that will be my weekend job.

Old 04-15-2014, 04:25 PM
MastaMind801 is on a distinguished road
Default 96 Valence fitted to a 00 Blazer

Fitted a 96 Blazer Valence to a 00 blazer today everything pretty much matched up just had to make a couple new holes on the actual valence.

Let me know what ya guys think

Old 04-19-2014, 02:47 PM
Starting Member
Robt77 is on a distinguished road
Default got the emissions test

Had to fix the smog pump, I was over thinking it once I slowed down, the first thing I tried worked, I bypassed the solenoid, and it worked, so I checked for voltage at the plug and it was good so I replaced it, everything works now. all of those places that ask you year, make, and model before they will even sell you a coke didn't even have the part listed, I had to get it from CarQuest and they even had to order it from their local warehouse.

Old 04-25-2014, 05:30 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Well I bought a used 145amp alt on ebay, charges well but the the needle on my dash jumps around when its under a load. Thought maybe it was the volt reg. so I email the guy on ebay about it and ask if he could just send a new volt reg and I would install it. He send he would send it right out. 3 days later a whole nother 145 amp alt shows up! And using my volt meter I figured out its the gauge not the regulator. So now I have a spare 145 amp alt. Good Deal. Had it tested and its fine

Old 04-25-2014, 07:33 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

This really isn't something I put on the Blazer today, but a few weeks ago actually. I have electric fans (dual fan, dual speed) from a Chrysler Concorde running in the Blaze. They keep the temperature lower than my clutch fan at all times, traffic jams, cruising in the city, cruising on the highway. Of course, my clutch fan was on its way out when I put this electric fan in. I have it wired up so the fan doesn't go off until the temperature gets below 195 or 200 I believe. Right around the temp for my thermostat. So when it's parked, it still runs. I have had weird looks before from people not knowing what was going on when passing my truck when it was parked in a parking lot. The fan isn't quiet when the blaze is off. But it moves a ton of air, so I can't complain. The downside to all this is when it first kicks in, you know it. The blaze's volts drop just a tad bit. Enough to feel though. Not a big deal. You had to shave all four mounts off the sides of this fan as well as sanding down the frame of the fan on the sides. After this, it fits like a glove. Almost like it was made for the Blazer.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:16 AM
Starting Member
DimeBlazr is on a distinguished road

I put a front wheel bearing in my 99 2 door 4x4 5 speed, it has 193,000 miles on it so i knew it would be fun. I was amazed to find the factory rotor retainer clips still on there, then even more amazed to find the factory riveted balljoints too! I still cant believe it but by the amount of rust i had to fight with heat and pb blaster, I am sure this thing really has seen all those miles through these iowa winters. Yes the lower balljoint was a bit sloppy but not as bad as i expected. I should have taken pictures but nobody wants to see that crap anyway! Anyway, $25 bucks from the junkyard, a couple hours of grunting and groaning and it sounds much better up front.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:33 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by newguy
Well I bought a used 145amp alt on ebay, charges well but the the needle on my dash jumps around when its under a load. Thought maybe it was the volt reg. so I email the guy on ebay about it and ask if he could just send a new volt reg and I would install it. He send he would send it right out. 3 days later a whole nother 145 amp alt shows up! And using my volt meter I figured out its the gauge not the regulator. So now I have a spare 145 amp alt. Good Deal. Had it tested and its fine
Nice come up! Dual alt install!!

Old 04-25-2014, 02:46 PM
Starting Member
Blazer_4x4 is on a distinguished road

I can't stand it when people aren't paying attention when driving, so I had a moment of road rage and threw the Blazer into reverse to get around some dumb *** who was blocking traffic, I stomped the accelerator in reverse and then slammed her into drive and stabbed the accelerator again to maneuver around this ***-Clown who thinks he can hold up traffic just so he can get into the left hand turning lane.
Well... Just my luck shortly after all this excessive release of adrenaline I start to feel vibration and a strange hum coming from the rear of the "Short-Bus", Ugh!
The next day I pull the rear diff cover off and two of my pinion gear teeth are laying in the bottom of the diff housing.
Long story short, I checked around locally to get prices on a new ring and pinion set swap out and was floored at what these people wanted, to do what I assumed was an easy job with it on a rack. So I said screw it! I'll do it myself and went on the hunt for a complete salvage yard unit, I got the gear ratio RPO code off the inside of my glove box door GU6 and decided to dump the One-tire-on-fire open diff, and go to a G80 locker. Found one online (drum to drum) uh... I mean (rotor to rotor) and had it shipped locally. Did the job with no help, Blazer on jack stands in my garage. It turned out perfect, better than ever.

G80 locker is in the foreground

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-sxzujp.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-2qwmvkj.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-fofzpx.jpg  

Last edited by Blazer_4x4; 04-25-2014 at 04:09 PM.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:17 PM
Starting Member
Blazer_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DimeBlazr
I put a front wheel bearing in my 99 2 door 4x4 5 speed, it has 193,000 miles on it so i knew it would be fun. I was amazed to find the factory rotor retainer clips still on there, then even more amazed to find the factory riveted balljoints too! I still cant believe it but by the amount of rust i had to fight with heat and pb blaster, I am sure this thing really has seen all those miles through these iowa winters. Yes the lower balljoint was a bit sloppy but not as bad as i expected. I should have taken pictures but nobody wants to see that crap anyway! Anyway, $25 bucks from the junkyard, a couple hours of grunting and groaning and it sounds much better up front.
Of course we wanna see pictures. We're all gonna be doing the same repairs eventually, so all and any pictures are always appreciated.

Old 04-25-2014, 06:32 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

had to pull the passenger side switchback that I made out today and pull it apart. Looked at it and noticed some moisture forming in the housing.
There was an area that was not sealed all the way, pulled it apart, dried it all off, test powered it up with a 9v battery, all amber LED's worked, only 2 white LED's worked, quickly figured out the connection problem and re-soldered that connection, now its all good. Just waiting for the sealant to dry and installing it tomorrow. Then I will be alll gravy

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?