General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 09:07 PM
Beginning Member
toohai2 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by richphotos
those look real good.
Thanks! Got my GM torsion tool in today. Going with 3" drop keys & 2" blocks that I got last week.
I put used 255/45-18's temporarily, 5mph speedo error. Next month I am going back up to 235/55-18's to get back correct speedo reading. stock 3.42 geared.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-e200c5a7-947c-4e09-b627-b7876544184f_zpszkxqqxaw.jpg  
Old 07-21-2014, 09:35 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Looking forward to seeing it dropped. I like that style of wheels. They look like the early gen camaro wheels.. but... better.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:38 PM
Beginning Member
toohai2 is on a distinguished road

Looking forward to seeing it dropped. I like that style of wheels. They look like the early gen camaro wheels.. but... better.
They are 2010 LT1 Camaro wheels, 18x7.5 +38mm offset. I got the whole set of 4 for about $450. The hub bores have to be clearanced from 68mm to 72.6mm, about a 1/2" deep.

Old 07-22-2014, 10:15 PM
ski9600 is on a distinguished road
Default fuel tank

Originally Posted by Forist72
Got new gas tank and fuel pump in today WOW what a difference it made. Zoom Zoom now.
So, I've got a 2000 Blazer 4wd and Napa says that the fuel tank holds 18 gallons. I've never been able to get more than 15 gallons in it at the pump, even with the fuel warning light on. What's your experience, do I still have 3 gallons in the tank even when I drive beyond empty? Also, much zoom zoom since I replaced the MAF sensor and cleared the codes about 3 years ago.

I heard a story about one of the co-workers who went up the mountain to find some campers in the middle of the night last weekend. He didn't find the campers, and broke a spring mount on his Toyota and the rear driveshaft came apart going over the rocks. At 2 AM on the side of the mountain above tree line. He said that he used a ratchet strap on the spring mount and some other stuff to hold the driveshaft halves in position and drove back to town slowly with only front wheel drive.

I'm wondering what y'all are talking about "switchbacks" and the side marker bulb. Is that some sort of modification that is doing a feed back to the ground circuit?

Old 07-22-2014, 10:20 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ski9600
So, I've got a 2000 Blazer 4wd and Napa says that the fuel tank holds 18 gallons. I've never been able to get more than 15 gallons in it at the pump, even with the fuel warning light on. What's your experience, do I still have 3 gallons in the tank even when I drive beyond empty? Also, much zoom zoom since I replaced the MAF sensor and cleared the codes about 3 years ago.

I heard a story about one of the co-workers who went up the mountain to find some campers in the middle of the night last weekend. He didn't find the campers, and broke a spring mount on his Toyota and the rear driveshaft came apart going over the rocks. At 2 AM on the side of the mountain above tree line. He said that he used a ratchet strap on the spring mount and some other stuff to hold the driveshaft halves in position and drove back to town slowly with only front wheel drive.

I'm wondering what y'all are talking about "switchbacks" and the side marker bulb. Is that some sort of modification that is doing a feed back to the ground circuit?
You might be talking about what I said for switchbacks.
If you are. what I did was custom built LED lights and circuits for the bumper blinkers for the jimmy... switchbacks basically means, when the parking lights are on, the LED's are white. When you turn the blinker off, the white turns off, and the amber starts to flash, like a BMW or Audi.

here is a video I got of the lights I built for the switchbacks
http://vid874.photobucket.com/albums...ps1ffcc791.mp4

Old 07-22-2014, 10:34 PM
ski9600 is on a distinguished road
Default switchback led yellow white

You might be talking about what I said for switchbacks.
If you are. what I did was custom built LED lights and circuits for the bumper blinkers for the jimmy... switchbacks basically means, when the parking lights are on, the LED's are white. When you turn the blinker off, the white turns off, and the amber starts to flash, like a BMW or Audi.

here is a video I got of the lights I built for the switchbacks
http://vid874.photobucket.com/albums...ps1ffcc791.mp4
Yeah, that looks good. One of the mechanics here tried to replace his bulbs with LED and ran into problems because of the low amperage draw wouldn't activate the relay (1500 4wd Chevy truck). They said to add a resistor to the circuit, but he decided to just put the regular bulbs back in.

Old 07-23-2014, 08:28 AM
Beginning Member
Nyccooldude is on a distinguished road

New fuel pump and new left control arm. Next is the rotors and pads.

Old 07-23-2014, 01:39 PM
BF Veteran

Yeah, that looks good. One of the mechanics here tried to replace his bulbs with LED and ran into problems because of the low amperage draw wouldn't activate the relay (1500 4wd Chevy truck). They said to add a resistor to the circuit, but he decided to just put the regular bulbs back in.
They sell electronic flashers just for that reason. I hate plug and play bulbs, 99% of the time they are more dim than the incandescent bulbs.
I have 240 LED's total for the rear lights, 30 total for the reverse lights.
In the front there are 30 white LED's and 120 amber LEDs. Was fun to build them.. if you like soldering and circuitry haha

Old 07-24-2014, 09:31 AM
Starting Member
Franco is on a distinguished road

So, I've got a 2000 Blazer 4wd and Napa says that the fuel tank holds 18 gallons. I've never been able to get more than 15 gallons in it at the pump, even with the fuel warning light on. What's your experience, do I still have 3 gallons in the tank even when I drive beyond empty?
Yeah, I noticed the same thing when I first got my 2002. Was the same after a fuel pump replacement (sending unit is part of the pump assembly). My inexact calculations showed that there is around 4 gallons left when the low fuel light comes on. YMMV, of course.

I like it though, because I'm the type who forgets and runs out of gas... Nice to have a cushion, especially if I'm in NYC. My route home goes through NJ where prices are much lower... Don't need to panic and buy gas at NYC prices.

Have fun!

Old 07-24-2014, 12:19 PM
Forist72 is on a distinguished road

I got her washed up rly good swept out the inside and tire shine.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?