General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 08:01 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by donald_archer
Did the tranny service last night. Did not look to bad a little bit of crap around the magnet but for never being done before it was not all that bad. removed pan drained fluid and replaced filter/gasket and fluid.

Also, have received the over-sized hinge bushings from total automotive. I guess now the next step is to drill out the holes and replace them

Happy trails
If you actually need the over sized bushings, you should not need to drill out the holes. There is a thread somewhere on here that goes into detail on how to install them.

Old 07-29-2016, 10:18 PM
Starting Member
2004 Blazer is on a distinguished road

I got an estimate to add padding ( lumbar support ) to the drivers seat for $185 last week. I decided to do it myself and added a seat heater for less $$. I used these items http://www.rostra.com/pdf/Rostra-Sea...talog-2014.pdf and repaired the broken support rods in seat too ! ( the source of my problem ) I removed the seat and took it indoors in the A/C to work on it. Very easy to do,no hog nose pliers required ! I'll wire it up when the temp comes down some.100+or- here !! P.S. The 5 position switch actually has 10 settings which beats the heck out of high or low !191,100

Last edited by 2004 Blazer; 07-29-2016 at 10:35 PM. Reason: add
Old 07-29-2016, 10:22 PM
Starting Member
tenorsaxdude is on a distinguished road

Well finally fixed the glass latch, wiper and started grinding down the wheel arch to fix a rust problem

Old 07-30-2016, 09:40 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

well...Yesterday after i got home from work i noticed i had some broke belts in my front tire. it was S curved and i didnt even feel it in the steering wheel!! Whats bad is i dont have a spare so i limped it to work this morning trying to think where the heck am i going to find a new 15" on a sat morning. thankfully a shop down the road had some.

$110.00 later for 1 tire im down the road. Its a Goodyear integrity tire.

Old 07-30-2016, 05:31 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

ordered a new hood, no tax. free shipping

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sk...R11701650.html

Old 08-01-2016, 09:29 AM
Beginning Member
Sirloin is on a distinguished road

@ 215,000 miles I figured the Silver Mullet needed better front brakes. So, Rockauto delivered 'Power Stop' slotted rotors, HD brake pads and RH & LH AC Delco calipers. I installed everything yesterday and disconnected the flaky ABS. When I push on the brake pedal, I expect my machine to submit to my will, dammit!!

Old 08-01-2016, 12:00 PM
Rusty Nuts is on a distinguished road

New windshield and wiper blades. There's an honest little glass shop in Pontiac called City Glass that I go to whenever a cop tells me to get a windshield. Cops ask, "How long has your windshield been broken"? I say, "years and years, see how the crack keeps changing direction". Age and wisdom has caught up with me and $165 is better than wondering if every cop I see is bored enough to hassle me. Caught a funky glue buzz from the fumes on my way home. Living the dream boys!

Old 08-03-2016, 07:34 PM
ski9600 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Rusty Nuts
New windshield and wiper blades. There's an honest little glass shop in Pontiac called City Glass that I go to whenever a cop tells me to get a windshield. Cops ask, "How long has your windshield been broken"? I say, "years and years, see how the crack keeps changing direction". Age and wisdom has caught up with me and $165 is better than wondering if every cop I see is bored enough to hassle me. Caught a funky glue buzz from the fumes on my way home. Living the dream boys!
LOL, I bought a new windshield for my brother and my self a few years ago. Should have got wipers also. Next time is coming up soon.

Old 08-03-2016, 09:43 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Ordered front and rear pads for the TB. The fronts are starting to squeak a bit and I do not know when the rears were last done so I figured I would do both. (nice to have disc in the rear instead of drum brakes)

I ordered it all from rockauto. Local stores were trying to charge 35 for just the fronts for the same brand. Got the front and rears with hardware shipped 1-2 days for 41$

Old 08-04-2016, 01:45 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

NEW HOOD!

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-20160804_142947.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-20160804_142934.jpg  

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?