General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 08:28 PM
Starting Member
Trukntigger is on a distinguished road

Went to take a trip to finally get a hair cut and....hmm where are my keys? Wife out shopping and I'm like, noooo! Did I leave them in her car??? Panic text, nope she not have them. Hmm, where are they? Grab spare, get in car and..wait for it...you know its coming....yep, in the ignition still. Duh! Yep, getting old and losing it daily.

Last edited by Trukntigger; 07-28-2020 at 08:33 PM.
Old 07-28-2020, 08:54 PM
2001ZR2 is on a distinguished road

Last two days on my quest to get my timing cover fixed were a bit tough.
i
Yesterday I figured out how to get the front diff out without cutting the lower mount. The piece of the CV in there hit the frame so out came the cutting wheel. The diff was out so I called it night.

Today took the skid plates and diff to the car wash.

Before with a mixure of oil and road dirt on them

After a trip to car wash

So I figure out what was bothering me about the driver side engine mount. No bottom bolt! So now I'll do those and will get them Thursday.

So I pushed out the differential bushings and took out the oil filter and starter. Spent 30 minutes cleaning off the 1/8 minimum of oil and road debris from the starter.

Kinda stuck until the new mounts show up. Until then just bit further each day.

Old 07-28-2020, 09:11 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Billy1820
Nice! Did you happen to catch Jupiter and Saturn. Nice views of both in the early evening sky. A caught a nice view of four of Jupiter’s moons a couple nights ago
Yes I did along with Saturn. I also found the Ring Nebula.

Old 07-29-2020, 01:27 AM
Mods is on a distinguished road

Light housings

Old 08-02-2020, 10:11 PM
2001ZR2 is on a distinguished road

That is my passenger side motor mount. Don't know how long it's been broken but I have lost blades on two cooling fans..

I had no clue was changing them out since I good access without the front diff in the way.

Old 08-05-2020, 09:01 PM
Beginning Member
alskanguy is on a distinguished road
Default Latest upgrades

2003 Blazer ZR2- Brush guard, running boards, roof rack and line-x all of the plastics.

Now for rims.

Old 08-06-2020, 12:08 AM
Mods is on a distinguished road

Ordered these:

Old 08-06-2020, 04:45 AM
Beginning Member
Retired71Blazer is on a distinguished road
Default Not Much

Looked at a bunch of Blazer Parts in the garage, not very productive but fulfilling!

Old 08-06-2020, 06:34 AM
Beginning Member
Stro53 is on a distinguished road
Default Re:LOVE MY JIMMY

I bought my 3rd s10 well jimmy same vehicle just cost a little more with more options.My first two were s10 but the best of all was my 1990 one.Fixes it all up rebuilt tranny ,suspension and so much more and alot easier to work on..Loved the 4x4 on the floor.Anyhow my newest one is a 99 and I bought it back in March with 195,000 Well kept by the former owner..I wanna lift it up some but didnt know if there were restrictions on how high if it would hurt to level it out.Cause they are built with the rear higher then the front and told its like that so it can handle the road better from rolling.Dont know the truth to this .But today I am gonna be sounf a oil change and see and try to change the spark plugs and wires.Now I know.he has changes these alot and dint.know.id it was for maintenance or a issue.
I also need to change the o2 heater sensors bank 1 and 2 I believe.Havent taken it off road yet cause I feel I need mors heavy duty parts and that to do so..I know I just replaced the upper/lower ball joints which were changed by ghe former owner before.Also I had to replace the.upper control arms along with a bad c v. axle shaft cause it was ripped on drivers side.Passenger was okay but should have done it also.Now I have never had it off road and to this day dint understand how front ends on them go out especially not doinf off road and this stops me from doing so.Any suggestions and why do these wear out so much?It has all highway miles over 195,000.But I still like my jimmy and any input I would like to hear it..

Old 08-06-2020, 06:46 AM
Beginning Member
Stro53 is on a distinguished road
Default Re:My Jimmy

Well hear it is and time to give it sime TLC.Time to buff it out and wax it again for winter.Clean when I bought and as much as a wax it surprised there is still paint left..

Well its not done yet.Gotta put the new a/t good year tires on it white letters and also put on the fender flares.I alao still gotta get my light bar for the center of the hood.Its gonna look nice after all of that but first mechanical issues then the decorations.I would like to install running lighta on the roof.Does anyone.know where i can buy the long xhrome turn signal/parking light bars that go like on both sides in the feint corners?They have that little yellow light and blinks with on.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?