General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 10:52 PM
jdespain is on a distinguished road

Wired up the "quad beam" headlight conversion. Let there be light!

Old 07-03-2010, 11:34 PM
Starting Member
chiefum is on a distinguished road

Replaced my cap, rotor, ignition coil, spark plugs and wires.

Old 07-04-2010, 02:19 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

i took my door panel off so the window motor can be replaced on monday. My crazy mechanic claims he'll be alive monday morning to do it so... he'll get a holiday bonus

Old 07-04-2010, 09:47 AM
NewFirstGen is on a distinguished road

Well, actually it took me 2 days to touch up some surface rust and do the bottom of the blazer with rustoleum "tan" truck bed coating.
Sander down the surface, sprayed entire area to be done with rustoleum rust reformer and put about 4-5 coats of the spray on bedliner.

And I finally found and installed my hard plastic wheelwell mouldings, I like it alot better than the chrome, I think it is a better fit.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:34 AM
DoubleSh0t is on a distinguished road

After two days of hell, I got my Blazer back.

The story: I took it in for inspection to a local tire shop my family has been dealing with for years. They're a chain, but its a small local chain. We always get our tires and alignments there and they do quality work. They had a special $40 state inspection / emissions sale going on, so I dropped it off there on Wednesday night.

Thursday morning I get a phone call. They want $1000 to do front pads, rotors, rear pads, tie-rod, third brake light assembly, and a ball joint. I just bought this truck in March and it was CERTIFIED. There's no way in hell I need all this work. I called the dealer and they informed me I get free inspections so take the truck directly to them. After work, I dropped it off at the dealer and they would inspect it Friday.

Friday morning I get a phone call. Brakes are fine. The RF tire had excessive play, but once the boots were lubricated the play was gone. No suspension work required. But my third brake light still doesn't work, that will cost $242. No way. I couldn't get out of work, so my dad went up there with a voltmeter, some wire, and test lights. He was able to find a short and fix the light. Inspection passed. They wanted to charge me $42 to lube the chassis, but I argued with them about that. It was certified, the boots should have been greased before I purchased it. They agreed. No charge.

So I finally have my truck back. I'm only out the $40 for the failed inspection from the shop, but I'm calling their head office Tuesday. I have paperwork that has the brake measurements and notes that the suspension is fine. I want my $40 or I'm calling my credit card company and issuing a chargeback.

I know times are tough, but scamming people is shady as hell. I knew my brakes are fine because I just had the tires off a month ago and the pads had plenty of meat on them. My family has spent thousands of dollars at that shop. Well, they've lost a longtime customer and many more because I'm telling everyone I know to avoid that shop like the plague.

Old 07-04-2010, 01:19 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

that is how the local garages make their money. brakes. they'll try and sucker anyone into getting new brakes. I just did mine a month ago and I'm taking it for inspection this week. I bet they'll tell me my brakes are getting low like they did last year. I just told them if they will pass don't do my brakes

Old 07-04-2010, 01:27 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Gave it a quick wash to get bird poop off.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:01 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Received some goodies from OILCOUNTRY! Spacers! those will be on soon i hope!

Old 07-06-2010, 05:26 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Replaced passenger side hub and installed new rear caliper bolts and pins.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:32 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

This should totally be a stickied thread!

I cleaned out the back of my blazer of my parents juke (haha) and took it to the local car wash and used the vacuum to clean it. Man it was messy. Looks nice, getting ready for my interior mods.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?