General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 02:37 PM
Silver00LT is on a distinguished road

lol

Well currently all four wheels are off my truck and its on stands. MY RIMS GOT LIFTED!!!!

Old 09-24-2010, 02:38 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Silver00LT
lol

Well currently all four wheels are off my truck and its on stands. MY RIMS GOT LIFTED!!!!
For Serious??!

Old 09-24-2010, 03:13 PM

No. lol I'm doing brake work. That serp. belt is a PITA when the belts are cold.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:33 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

So I'm lining everything up on my engine right now... and neither my Dad's Headers or my Exhaust Manifold fit onto my Heads... they are both just a tad bit off.

On a side note... posting up more pictures in my build thread.

Last edited by ChevyBlazerChick; 09-24-2010 at 11:42 PM.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:06 AM
blazin'blazer is on a distinguished road

I installed my $12 "gravel shield" from the pick and pull; my oil pan will now be safe from all sorts of flying pebbles and whatever else i may ram it into.

Trimmed the back bottom corner's of my fenders to make a little more room for my new tires (31's) I think it looks better this way too, more natural with the larger tires. i'm just concerned about the new sharp edges slicing my tire if they do rub by some very likely chance (since i don't have a lift and all)

Installed the tranny temp gauge i've had sitting in my door since last feb when i did the tranmission. I ripped the cassette deck out since it didn't work with my after market deck anyways and plopped 'er in there instead. i had to file it out abit but it looks pretty good, blends away really nicely other than the gaping hole next to it. I even got the dash dimmer wired in there and everything... oooo

hopefully tomorrow i'll actually wash my truck

Old 09-25-2010, 03:07 AM
Starting Member
JMH1969 is on a distinguished road

Cruise control box started grinding the other day so I disconnected both speedometer cables. Today I completely removed the cruise control and installed a new speedometer cable. I also tore apart the dash and gauge cluster trying to fix the gas gauge.

Old 09-25-2010, 08:30 AM

Well flushed brake system completely! Man that brake fluid hasn't been flushed since the truck was bought. Green rusty looking fluid FTL! Dern them copper! Took me forever to bleed the air out after flushing it. used a big thing of brake fluid. Had some red engine paint and had fun...also changed my serp. belt. Also courtesy of firestone crossthreading one of my lug nuts...had to replace a wheel stud.

yes....I still have yet to finish getting all the mud off....

Old 09-25-2010, 04:20 PM
Starting Member
JMH1969 is on a distinguished road

I never got the gas gauge working so I put the dash back together.

Old 09-25-2010, 05:48 PM
Beginning Member
swoop is on a distinguished road

I went and replaced my radiator. Bought new oil line quick disconnects. And all my fluid leaks have stopped. The radiator has been leaking for about 2 months. Oil lines where they connect to the radiator have been leaking for years. So after 4 hours, I presently have no leaking. Now for the not so funny thing. It seems like every time I fix something on my Blazer I end up braking or close to braking something. Well I noticed that my ac compressor was leaking where the lines connect on top. Well like a dumb a** I put a wrench on it. It turns a little and then the lines blow off spraying freon and oil all over my face. Scarred the crap out of me. So after finding a bolt that is a little longer than the old one the lines are reattached. So I guess the new ac problem will be addressed next spring. What a day.

Old 09-25-2010, 07:11 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Bought 2 pairs of fog lights. One yellow and one clear! going on tomorrow hopefully!

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?