General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 02:54 AM
Silver00LT is on a distinguished road

Didn't do anything to the truck...just two stupid things.

Got pulled over....despite me going 17 over the speed limit(was just looking at road and passed the new speed limit sign without knowing DOH) and illegal tint the officer let me go because I was military. Best believe I made sure I was watching for those signs after that.

When I was parked realized I NEVER got the two hot .50 cal rounds out of my dash. Was like oh damn how am I going to explain this one. Intention for them is to drill out powder and engrave one for my Dad and I. He's retired Army so having his dates on there from me engraving them would be a personal thing. It was one of those dammit why did I forget to take those out moments.

Old 01-24-2011, 03:33 AM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

did nothing to the Jimmy today - let her have a rest for tomorrow's work on bud's Rad for his cav - Chris you and i have a very similar path tomorrow lol cept i'm past the diag part of WTF happened thur! thought it was just the water pump till we refilled, bleeded the air, and pressurised the system and BAM good ole **** outta it right onto the starter.

on another note, i'm surprised they make you use BLUE signal bars for fire dept - we use green and plows use blue here!

Old 01-24-2011, 06:41 AM
kinter614 is on a distinguished road

well today just started got up to get ready for school tried to start it DOA it got so cold last night the battery froze so i get to call AAA for the first time to start it even thought i dont have school i want it started :P

Old 01-24-2011, 09:46 PM
97chevyblaze is on a distinguished road

just changed my oil and also saw this 1st gen today and felt like takin a pic lol

Old 01-24-2011, 10:17 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

drove the Exploder to work (so i could drop it off for painting) and left my pig for the wife to use.

when i came home i very dilligently put it back into order, and bit back all of the forceful scoffing i felt at how quickly see could trash my baby

Old 01-24-2011, 10:31 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

I cut 3/4 the way through the exhaust to take my cat off. Don't have a sawzall so I'm using a cheapass walmart hacksaw. It worked until I couldn't fit it on top of the pipe. Gotta grab my dads tomorrow.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:20 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

well...........i didn't get me rad repair done today.

fianlly got the original one out this morning. while i wish it didn't pop right now, being laid-off an all, but with 230K on it after a little more than 12 years since the truck was built, i really can't complain.

turns out my spare rad was a dud! so now i'm waiting on my replacement to be delivered in the morning.

@ least it'll be t-shirt weather tomorrow.

Originally Posted by zedartwo
I cut 3/4 the way through the exhaust to take my cat off. Don't have a sawzall so I'm using a cheapass walmart hacksaw. It worked until I couldn't fit it on top of the pipe. Gotta grab my dads tomorrow.

Brad, you should've told me that when you were @ my place, i coulda lent you the tools.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:25 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

I didn't really know how tight it was under there lol. I was fine using the hack saw, just mad its not off. And Did a few test start-ups and...first start is fine. All the ones after stumble to start and when it does, its chugging to get up to idle. Really seems choked out cuz just after its gets up to idle I can hear its struggling though the exhaust. Borrowing my dads truck to go to Alliston just because it is a bit of a drive and with yours being under then knife I might get screwed.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:44 AM
Starting Member
97CountryJukeboxLt is on a distinguished road

I figured out my seat covers weren't gonna fit worth a crap, so i'm gonna try to sell them off to a buddy who has a full size. Thats about it

Old 01-25-2011, 01:01 PM
Starting Member
Mczuk is on a distinguished road

My shocks came today! Now I just have to wait for the box from rock auto with everything else.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?