General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 02:44 PM
Beginning Member
BlazerBillyBob is on a distinguished road

I finished playing with the Hypertech tuner and mostly like how it's working out. I think the shift from first to second takes a little too long, but I guess I need to adjust how I drive. However, for more get up and go, it's great! OMG! The best $200 I spent on a mod.

I bought it on kijiji.com

Now I'm looking for some LED replacement lights for the interior.

Old 06-18-2011, 10:56 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

Due to my brakes making grinding and sqeeking noises i bought the most expensive pads and rotors i could find and changed them out.

Not one peep now.

Love iiiiiitttttttt!

Old 06-20-2011, 07:40 AM
Starting Member
9Blazer6 is on a distinguished road

Still waiting on my bumper to come in. Then new tires are getting put on this week. I found a really good deal on Recaps. Im sticking with 30's for now and i found a set that look exactly like bf good rich A/T's for $300 brand new mounted and balanced. If anybody else wants to get some recaps and save some money go on Treadwright.com. Thats if you guys would use recaps. I think their great in my opinion.

Old 06-20-2011, 09:06 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Cool .

Hey guys.

I got the LED gauge cluster lights put in. They are white and green since meh blaze is green. Here are some pics. Sorry for the bad pic quality.

I will most likely put the footwells in tomorrow. They are white LED's.

Old 06-20-2011, 09:14 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

the problem with putting white leds behind our clusters is that it turns blue when coming through the actual gauges, doesn't look half bad though

Old 06-20-2011, 09:43 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

You get that with most gauge clusters and white LEDs.

I know it's the color of your blazer and all... but why 3/4 of the speedo white and the rest all green? Looks kind of halfassed to me, like you ran out of green and just tossed in a couple white ones to be able to light up the speedo.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:50 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Cool .

Originally Posted by TheRandom1
You get that with most gauge clusters and white LEDs.

I know it's the color of your blazer and all... but why 3/4 of the speedo white and the rest all green? Looks kind of halfassed to me, like you ran out of green and just tossed in a couple white ones to be able to light up the speedo.
I didn't know how it was going to turn out until I put the LED's in there. I kept it like that because I ran out of light outside since I don't have a garage I can work in. I like the green color in the cluster but wanted something besides all green. I was hoping the spedo would turn out to be all white and the gauges all green but it didn't make it like that.

Do you think I should use 3 white and 2 green? Or what combo should I try out?

Old 06-21-2011, 07:12 AM

I don't know how the LED layouts are in these trucks, but I'd go for either all one color, or the speedo one color and the other gauges another if at all possible.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:15 AM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

I haven't done anything on her, but here's an update as to what my dad has done to get her running.

New starter, shimmed this time
Got her running, adjusted rockers as per book's instruction... wouldn't start, put rocker back to where they were, truck started... weird right?
Found water in Tranny fluid and Motor Oil, attributed to the engine being left open for so long and the valve covers not on properly, still not certain on that.
Water was spraying out of the back of the engine, a hole rusted through a freeze plug, replacing both with brass. And that's all that's been done recently, I'm going down there this weekend and hopefully she'll be driveable, if not at least I can work on her.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:33 AM

I drove mine to work.

Last edited by TheRandom1; 06-21-2011 at 10:00 AM.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?