General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 12:06 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

I watched the new owner try drifting it last night and they slammed the curb so hard the truck lifted off the ground on the opposite side.

I on the other hand was enjoying J-turns and hand brake turns too much. i do miss the rwd drifts but don't mid front wheel too much

Old 02-12-2012, 12:09 AM
Starting Member
97Beater4WD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MTopper
I watched the new owner try drifting it last night and they slammed the curb so hard the truck lifted off the ground on the opposite side.

I on the other hand was enjoying J-turns and hand brake turns too much. i do miss the rwd drifts but don't mid front wheel too much
Try drive FWD with 400+ hp in the rain on summer tires...about like ice lol

Old 02-12-2012, 01:21 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Finally tore apart my amp to figure out what's wrong... turns out when the cap went bad, it sent a huge power spike into the amp and fried 5 capacitors and looks like it overheated the power inducers. Sooo, looks like it's going to cost more to fix this amp than it's worth.

After that, I decided to sell this setup off if i can get decent cash for it, and just amp the interiors and put a small sub behind the right rear wheel well.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:31 AM
Beginning Member
jeff618 is on a distinguished road
Arrow

Ordered some "solux" upgrade headlight bulbs and some new "neoform" wiper blades...pretty good deal at headlights123. I'll keep you posted when I get them and install everything....

Old 02-13-2012, 05:04 PM
Starting Member
Wisco Blazer will become famous soon enough

Got a new Bull Bar with no brackets! Butttttttttt sadly i can't faabricate the brackets myself, so a shop is charging me $100 to get it all done =/, getting it mounted $100, and the bull bar only costed $30.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:48 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Hey guys,

I haven't done anything lately to the blaze besides pondering a thought I have been thinking a lot about lately.

I have been seriously thinking about switching my front end the 98+ style. I have been searching for better headlight options with no apparent solution and like all the headlight options for the 98+. My thinking is I can get everything "on the cheap" using craigslist and my local pull-a-part. I mean the grille, headlights, turn signals, bumper, and rad support shouldn't be too costly. I just need a change.

At this point, my only worry is with the body lift I have had on for a little while and the 98+ bumper. The front bumper has been raised with brackets for my 96 and I'm not sure if the brackets and the 98+ are going to get along. I would hope they would, but not sure. I'm going to continue to do research on this and hopefully start buying parts "on the cheap" in a few days or a week or two.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:18 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Kept forgetting to post yesterday.
Installed Gatorback accessory belt to shut down all the damn belt squeak that was so bad it sounded like bearing on the way out. Quiet as a mouse under that hood now.

But I probably could have also replaced the tensioner and got the same result. Key is once the belt is worn in a little i'll check for belt flap. If it's more than just a little have to do something about that tensioner spring.

Also installed new lic light bezels.

So for the moment there is nothing missing, broken or not working on the Bravadiva. Except for the rear door speakers.. but I'll call that the sacrificial goat.

Oh.. and a pending P0300 comes and goes but I know what that is.. plug wires need cleaning and lubed

Uh.. and need to replace the thermostat.. running temp keeps dropping.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:56 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

I installed the second radiator in about 6 months today, that's about all i've done to her in quite a while. I don't even have time to drive the poor ol gal since i work so dang much.

Ah well, off to Florida tomorrow.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:35 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I looked for the leak in my oil lines
and i pin pointed where its coming from

its leaking from the cooler line right where the hose crimp is
its not the hose but the aluminum its self like a hole was drilled in it (sigh)

Old 02-13-2012, 11:37 PM
Beginning Member
justin12234 is on a distinguished road

i found out why my cluster, hvac, and 4wd lights werent working on the inside, and also pulled out the radio that the po had in it and they hacked it up horribly, itll take a day or two to fix that

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?