General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 12:38 PM
Starting Member
tripovermyego is on a distinguished road

Ive been doing some cosmetic stuff to my Blazer. Nothing fancy at all. I plasti-dipped my rims, glued a hood scope on(the hood needs replaced anyway and its just a tiny scope from AutoZone), did some free hand painting on the hatch(I did a bow tie) and free handed my and my old ladies and my daughters name above the door handles. Also, i painted some lines on my taillights(supposed to look like taillight gaurds). Im not gonna spend that much more money on it as the Blazer is falling apart. Both the outside mirrors need replaced, the wiring all over the Blazer is FUBARed, the transmission is on its way out. Once the tranny goes, this Blazer is gonna be parted out. Im not gonna say that Blazers are junk because this one has had way to many "backyard" mechanics that messed with it. The motor still runs strong. But anyways, Im still waiting to do the rear spare tire carrier. I just got done moving into my new house so it kinda got sat to the side and forgotten about.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:42 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by tripovermyego
glued a hood scope on(the hood needs replaced anyway and its just a tiny scope from AutoZone),
Do you use it to see things? Can it raise up like on a submarine, or is it situated more like what's on a sniper rifle?

Old 03-16-2012, 01:43 PM
red98grandamse is on a distinguished road

Finally got around to putting my cd player in correctly and make it look like it fits nice and proper.

Old 03-16-2012, 02:14 PM
Starting Member
int3414 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by litterbug
i think i should give my 96 some attention for a little bit. i think im gonna get some new plugs and wires and a distributor cap. almost half of all the holes on the cap are like cracked in half so im not so sure its getting the best connection. and inside the plug wires its all corroded. and its been running kinda rough so ill work on her a little bit and see how things work out. anybody recommend good plug wires an a good cap? i read the ngk vpower were good plugs.
i believe in ac for gm
champion for Chrysler
for ford its ?/////i cant remember
buy good wires,dont cheap out
i use dielectric grease
also i believe dont try to gap plugs...pre gaped at factory

Old 03-16-2012, 02:18 PM

Ford is Bosch.

Old 03-16-2012, 02:28 PM
Starting Member
MikeRo is on a distinguished road

Took my stock tow hooks from the front and remounted them on the back, also washed her and gave her a quick wax

Old 03-16-2012, 02:35 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by tripovermyego
Ive been doing some cosmetic stuff to my Blazer. Nothing fancy at all. I plasti-dipped my rims, glued a hood scope on(the hood needs replaced anyway and its just a tiny scope from AutoZone), did some free hand painting on the hatch(I did a bow tie) and free handed my and my old ladies and my daughters name above the door handles. Also, i painted some lines on my taillights(supposed to look like taillight gaurds). Im not gonna spend that much more money on it as the Blazer is falling apart. Both the outside mirrors need replaced, the wiring all over the Blazer is FUBARed, the transmission is on its way out. Once the tranny goes, this Blazer is gonna be parted out. Im not gonna say that Blazers are junk because this one has had way to many "backyard" mechanics that messed with it. The motor still runs strong. But anyways, Im still waiting to do the rear spare tire carrier. I just got done moving into my new house so it kinda got sat to the side and forgotten about.

blazers suck ? or you bought an lemon

ITs not the blazers fault it had a rough life and an careless previous owner

Old 03-16-2012, 02:40 PM

Gio, that's what he said... He explained that he's NOT saying they're junk, his just had shadetrees working on it the whole time who half assed stuff.

Old 03-16-2012, 02:41 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

ahh my mistake then (see what you get when you wake up and start posting )

Old 03-16-2012, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
ahh my mistake then (see what you get when you wake up and start posting )

You JUST woke up, you lazy effer? It's after 2:30PM!

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?