Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   what have you gotten done on your blazer today? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/what-have-you-gotten-done-your-blazer-today-34401/)

Thogert 04-18-2012 03:58 PM

I also rewired my fogs with a relay today so that I could use a new switch to run them.

Chevyrider RevT 04-18-2012 06:59 PM

Couldnt get my front seat belt bolts out extremely frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!

99LS4x4ryanlw 04-18-2012 09:13 PM

Finished making my own draw bar for the hitch I just put on. Used two pieces of 1"x2" steel and welded them together to make the 2"x2" male end to fit into the hitch and then used a piece of 5/8" steel 2" wide and welded that on top of the 2"x2" bar (of which the 5/8" piece already had a hole in it). And to top it off, after drilling the 5/8" hole in the bar for the pin I used a grade 8 5/8"x4" bolt. Double nut for now, but gonna drill a hole in the threaded end of the bolt to use one bolt and a clip. If that thing breaks, my blazer will be broke long before, of which I shouldn't have been towing that much to start with lol

JRP22 04-18-2012 10:14 PM

today i put my 31x10.5s on my stock GMC rims.im happy with how they look. let me know if anyone wants pics and ill try and get them up tomorrow.

JRP22 04-18-2012 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by chevyracingfan23 (Post 513614)
Can't wait to see the pictures. It didn't turned out too bad for the first time doing it. If you have photobucket account you can upload them picture on there and copy the img code and paste it on here. Or you can manage attachments on here too below.

yeah they turned out looking good, and thanks man i will deffinitely make a photobucket it seems like the easiest way ill post pics on this thread tomorrow or friday of the hooks, the grill and my 31s i just put on. and thanks again man

IT Technician 04-19-2012 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by TheRandom1 (Post 514787)
Hm, misread what you typed it seems. I wonder which of mine are leaking now that I think about it. Time to do more research before ordering parts!

Replaced both of mine(2002 Blazer 4WD). more recently the engine to remote oil filter lines. It wasn't fun but could have been worse. Just be prepared and you will be fine. Be ready to use a very long extention(or several together like i did) to reach the bolt and also jack the engine up slightly in order to get the lines out.

TheRandom1 04-19-2012 08:48 AM

I don't have a way to jack up the engine unless I use the scissor jack that came with my truck.

IT Technician 04-19-2012 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by TheRandom1 (Post 514930)
I don't have a way to jack up the engine unless I use the scissor jack that came with my truck.

I don't want to nor am I suggesting you do something dangerous or risky but for informational purposes I used a hydraulic jack with a nice wide piece of wood on the pan in order to jack the engine up just enough to remove it(without loosening any motor mounts, also it is not recommended to jack an engine by the pan but that’s what I did).

All information posted is for informational purposes only. I take no responsibility and assume no liability for any action taken from my post. Anyone attempting what I did does so at their own risk.

Sorry about the clause, seemed like I needed to throw that in there.

TheRandom1 04-19-2012 09:46 AM

Fair enough. So jack it up but I don't need to loosen the motor mount? Wasn't aware they had quite that much flex in them!

InsanePyro 04-19-2012 10:05 AM

Still working on stripping her down before she heads off to the scrapyard...anyone need anything PM me