General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 05:33 PM
Starting Member
int3414 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Mczuk
Oh, they use salt here, the Blazer is just fairly well maintained and the grandpa steps actually help protect the sides alot. Here in the southwest we get mostly sleet and ice in the winter, not much snow. But if I drive 45 minutes into the mountains there is lots of snow.
heck i thought you were in the mountains...LOL
as an ebay seller i ship worldwide.a sale or two to Norway.
i have had the pleasure of selling to ww2 collectors in Belgium,France etc. with them sending pictures(of what they collect).
its a real connection,considering my father fought his way across Europe in 44.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:37 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I worked on and finished one side of my led tail lights.

And here is my terrible soldering.

I'll throw some pics of them light up tonight... Hopefully...

Old 04-23-2012, 05:40 PM
Starting Member
wyzardd is on a distinguished road

Well, fixing the door bushings/pins totally screwed up my lazy method of running wires to the switch (for those lights on the bumper) The door closing tightly for a change cut right through one of the wires and burned out the 25amp fuse. I guess this is a good excuse to wire things up correctly.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:44 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by wyzardd
Well, fixing the door bushings/pins totally screwed up my lazy method of running wires to the switch (for those lights on the bumper) The door closing tightly for a change cut right through one of the wires and burned out the 25amp fuse. I guess this is a good excuse to wire things up correctly.

pass the wire through the rubber grommet in the firewall

Old 04-23-2012, 07:36 PM
JRP22 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by IT Technician
Hmm. I can press the dome override button 4 times and it shuts off my DRL and headlights if they are on.

You probably have a newer year than mine. as me and others with a 98 and older will tell you the dome override trick doesnt work with our day time running lights

Old 04-23-2012, 07:39 PM
JRP22 is on a distinguished road

also today i replaced my regular license plate lights with the 194 white LEDs. looks awesome and much brighter. i also like the color of them much better

Old 04-24-2012, 01:06 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Just ordered my new oil filter adapter housing. No damn clue how the thing snapped all 3 of it's mounting points!

Old 04-24-2012, 02:32 PM
Starting Member
tripovermyego is on a distinguished road

I washed and waxed both cars today. Man, my Blazer looks good good all glossy!! Im gonna schedual an appt to get my driver door pins and latch fixed.

Old 04-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Starting Member
chevyracingfan23 is on a distinguished road

Here are the pictures of my exterior and interior colors. I am planning on doing black out or green/black but don't know yet. Any colors you think I could go let me know.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:22 PM
Beginning Member
krunk357 is on a distinguished road

Took mine to muffler shop to get a Magnaflow put on that my brother-in-law was gonna give me only to find out they were gonna charge me enough for a new one to install because of all the pipe work due to the fact that it was straight through and not off- centered. So scratched that plan for today and started the "Big 3" only to get rained out as I was starting the grounds.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?