General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 04:36 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

That brings me to question something. Will the blazer ever be a classic? It is getting up there in age.

Edit: 1st and 2nd gen blazers, not k5's.

Old 05-19-2012, 05:10 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by Smitty Smithsonite; 05-19-2012 at 05:16 AM. Reason: double post deleted
Old 05-19-2012, 05:13 AM

The first gens already are, at least in MA anyway. You rarely see any anymore. When I brought ours in for an alignment, the guys in the shop were like, "I DIDN'T THINK THERE WERE ANY '89's LEFT!" Well, there wasn't - I had to go to the 'burbs of NYC to get this one.

There are hardly any at all in the junkyards either. After Obama's wonderful "cash for clunkers" plan drove up the cost of scrap a few years back, most places scrapped nearly their whole inventory. My local boneyard has 2 first gens. TWO! Mine is in better condition body wise, so they're useless to me.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:39 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Smitty Smithsonite
The first gens already are, at least in MA anyway. You rarely see any anymore. When I brought ours in for an alignment, the guys in the shop were like, "I DIDN'T THINK THERE WERE ANY '89's LEFT!" Well, there wasn't - I had to go to the 'burbs of NYC to get this one.

There are hardly any at all in the junkyards either. After Obama's wonderful "cash for clunkers" plan drove up the cost of scrap a few years back, most places scrapped nearly their whole inventory. My local boneyard has 2 first gens. TWO! Mine is in better condition body wise, so they're useless to me.
Where I live they are to find also.Even the 2cnd generations are getting hard to find parts for.Theres a bone yard 1 mile from where I live they have a 92 its complete siting there rotting away and the people who own the yard wont let anyone tough it

Old 05-19-2012, 12:43 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I ordered a set of Ac delco wires last night

truck should run so much better after there installed

also i got 40 bucks toward my regi renewal
IM SO CLOSE

Old 05-19-2012, 05:39 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Just finished installing new battery cables. I'm really beginning to hate working on vehicles. Something that should be so damn easy turns into a 4 hour ordeal! And my no start is still not fixed.

I was so mad I had to go do some group therapy. My little POS radio wouldn't pick up the LSU/USC ballgame so I brought it along with me. Load up 4 magazines with 230 gr FMJ in the old 1911 and went to the woods.

First mag I took careful aim. Second, rapid fire. Third, double tap. Fourth, off hand strong. All from about 25 feet.

My grouping was very satisfactory for me and I feel much better. No need to worry if I'll be able to get the SEC tournament or playoffs with that radio. You can almost put your fist through the center of it now. Maybe next time I'll use the Blazer as a backstop.

Last edited by AJBert; 05-19-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:34 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

installed a winch switch on the dash. who needs that stupid push button 4x4 button anyways. i had a old 3 way switch laying around and fit in place with minimal modification

Old 05-19-2012, 07:43 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Started making a list of the parts i have leftover from the truck. So far, i recall: oil lines (block to housing and housing to cooler) filter housing and bracket and front skid plate.

Next step is going to be making a for sale thread.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:01 PM
Beginning Member
egbert567 is on a distinguished road

I greased my steering shagt, still have a knocking noise when I go over rough road. Guess it's time to tear down the front end.

Old 05-20-2012, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by AJBert
........ Maybe next time I'll use the Blazer as a backstop.
I hear ya brother - you don't know how many times I've wanted to unload into that '00 Jimmy in my avatar. I had to restrain myself. Can still sell all those body panels ... as long as there's no .45 holes in them.

I also started hating working on cars starting immediately with the 1996 model year (OBD-II). That system gave manufacturers an excuse to build unreliable, expensive, & difficult to diagnose pieces of s**t .

But what a perfect backstop it would make ....

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?