General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 01:29 AM
NewbieT is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by richphotos
Did a tune up on the jimmy today, did not even have to take off the drivers tire to get the number 3 plug out, woo!

On a side note... I got AC delco plugs from rock auto.. all of them matched up but the number 1 plug wire, it was too short, not sure of why, but I looked really good at the old number 1 plug wire, and it was in great shape still, so I just used that one. next time just getting cap,rotor and plugs on rock auto, not wires just in case this happens again
its purring like a kitten now

also, another positive note, the old plugs looked great, no burning, nothing, just normal wear. happy about that.
Just fyi, condition of plug wires isn't everything. It could be arcing and have a pin size hole in it. The way to check plug wires is with an ohmmeter or multi meter on the ohm setting. One lead on each end and the spec is 5k-7k per foot of plug wire, twist it around while you check to make sure it doesn't have an open spot.

Old 08-06-2012, 02:51 AM
Starting Member
Antbankz is on a distinguished road

installed trailer wire harness today oh wait i guess yesterday now
lol anyways all done and works fine.

Name:  C360_2012-08-05-17-26-54_org.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  73.5 KB

Old 08-06-2012, 07:18 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by NewbieT
Just fyi, condition of plug wires isn't everything. It could be arcing and have a pin size hole in it. The way to check plug wires is with an ohmmeter or multi meter on the ohm setting. One lead on each end and the spec is 5k-7k per foot of plug wire, twist it around while you check to make sure it doesn't have an open spot.
Thanks, everything tested out, appreciate that tip!

Next time I am getting wires locally. Damn rock auto.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:31 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I never had problems from rockauto. I ordered my Ac delco wires from rock auto and they were nice and long !

Old 08-06-2012, 11:55 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
I never had problems from rockauto. I ordered my Ac delco wires from rock auto and they were nice and long !
All the parts I have gotten from them, I have not had a problem either. Just one thing I am getting locally for now on is plug wires. It just does not make sense that ALL of them match up in length, but the number 1. Oh well.. its done, and running better than ever, so I cant complain LOL

Old 08-07-2012, 12:37 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Well today I got my scan link cable for my laptop and found out that the last time I put the IAT sensor plug in, I pushed one of the contacts out. I fixed it and now the reading is perfect.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:47 PM
Starting Member
NT_Hardcore is on a distinguished road

i ordered some weather stripping and mirror filler plates

Old 08-07-2012, 10:07 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

So today i realized my copper plugs have hit about 25k'ish miles. I guess its getting close to a plug change. Man....more annoying then anything.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:35 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by chris015
So today i realized my copper plugs have hit about 25k'ish miles. I guess its getting close to a plug change. Man....more annoying then anything.
ah its not that bad.......... LOL

Old 08-08-2012, 08:59 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

im glad its in a 1st gen. i did a tune up for a old lady in her 2nd gen,between my big hands and little patience....i wanted to burn it down. #3 plug is a breeze as i have a tool that wraps itsself around the steering shaft and works perfectly.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?