General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 01:28 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

well today (actually Thursday, since it's now 2am on Friday), i idled up the 400. took me 58 minutes to go 3.1kms (1.9 miles). yes i know it was 58 minutes, 'cause i make it a habbit of looking @ the time as soon as i get into stopped traffic (plus i called the local traffic station to update them).

this is what i saw...........

this was as i went over that hill,

ok, the road is opening up & flowing, what happened?..........

ooOOOO, that doesn't look good........

DAMN! a new (body style) Yukon Denali. front passenger side wheel/spindle/cv/lower control arm ripped off, front bumper under where the tire used to be, side all smashed, sitting upside down.

***sorry, the last 2 pic's were taken doin' 40 (25 MPH), and a s**tload of horns behind me (hey, i was right behind the transport truck!)

Old 01-29-2010, 02:51 AM
Banned for childishly attempting to delete all his posts
jsmz is an unknown quantity at this point

That is some crappy traffic old skool!

Today, i spent 4 hours at sears ripping the manager a new one because their tecs *couldnt* figure out how to do an alignment.
Well after 4 times going in, and the D bag actually having the nerve to tell me my front end parts are worn out and loose which is why he cant get the steering wheel straight or get in spec (all brand new parts, every moving piece) I FLIPPED OUT on him right there in front of the world.

I told the manager either let me go out there and do it or YOU go do it, not that half wit kid. Well he went out there and low and behold 20 minutes later I now have a straight steering wheel and all the numbers on the sheet are green. amazing.

but yay, im finally in spec again!

EDIT: i think its time for some food and bed. Sears made it a long day & I think I might be getting a tad grumpy. LOL

Last edited by jsmz; 01-29-2010 at 03:04 AM.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:34 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jsmz
That is some crappy traffic old skool!

Today, i spent 4 hours at sears ripping the manager a new one because their tecs *couldnt* figure out how to do an alignment.
Well after 4 times going in, and the D bag actually having the nerve to tell me my front end parts are worn out and loose which is why he cant get the steering wheel straight or get in spec (all brand new parts, every moving piece) I FLIPPED OUT on him right there in front of the world.

I told the manager either let me go out there and do it or YOU go do it, not that half wit kid. Well he went out there and low and behold 20 minutes later I now have a straight steering wheel and all the numbers on the sheet are green. amazing.

but yay, im finally in spec again!

EDIT: i think its time for some food and bed. Sears made it a long day & I think I might be getting a tad grumpy. LOL

hahahaha, i agree. you're a hour behind me in Nebraska right? cause i've gotta get up in a hour and a half.

so i'm outta here.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:35 AM
Beginning Member
JPate is on a distinguished road

1-28-10 Well I put the stock skid plates back on and bought a new tire put on.
1-29-10 Just took the truck in for a front end alignment and have the other 2 tires put back on the factory rims.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:41 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Going to stop by at the local pull and save and pick up a hood... the f***ing guys on ebay havent shipped mine that I ordered on 1/15/10, because they didnt charge me sales tax..... So i had to call them today and get that settled, and I will be picking up a hood so I can drive and get the other one painted.... I will also be picking up headlight clips, center console lid, and wiper cowl pieces.... So I might check this once more, but I imagine I will have a hood for sale from 61422 after I get my new one in and painted....

Old 01-29-2010, 11:58 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

After years and years (a couple weeks) of hearing this constant rattling tap-tap-tapping light metal on heavy metal sound i was finally FINALLY able to pin point it!
Normally is will happen when turning, sitting at iddle on a down slope, or when in gear and stopped (like a traffic light).

Well boys and girls I was lucky enough to park on a hill and when i started my car (but not in gear) i was greeted with the beautiful noise i feared was my transmission or some other expensive part taking a dump. With glee in my heart I wandered around the car until i foound where it was the loudest and climbed underneath her to snoop around a bit.

Well my new exhaust pokes out in front of the rear passenger side tire. in order to accomodate it, ithe pipe had to run between the leaf and the frame near the front-most mounting point. Anyway, the "tail pipe" is tapping from time to time on the leaf... very light tapping sound FOUND!

Now i need to find a heat proof shim (lame), take it back and have my exhaust guy adjust the angle of my dangle (yawn), or fix the REAL problem, and replace my sagging rear springs... Whee! $316 + s&h goodbye BL or lock-right wish list, why do you hate me so?!

Last edited by ABN31B; 01-29-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:20 PM
BF Guru

here's an update on this mess from Thursday;

seems the poor bastard in the Denali was an inoccent bystander. some ***-hat in a Cavalier swerved suddenly to avoid a box on the highway, over corrected, and took the Denali into (and over) the guard rail.

the Denali driver is in serious, but stable condition (as of this morning's news). dislocated shoulder, bruised ribs, something about his leg too, and cuts/scrapes on his head.

and the guy in the Cav? why he walked away with a sore shoulder!

figures!

Old 01-29-2010, 08:58 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default $316...?

Originally Posted by ABN31B
and replace my sagging rear springs
Would a add a leaf help? Or maybe a shackle to open up the front of the leaf spring some? I don't know, has to be a cheaper solution than new spring packs.

Replaced the lower radiator hose on buddies k1500 and intern got $20 to put in gas in the blazer. Tried to get it inspected but the shop couldn't get it in today. Waiting to hack off the tailpipe untill I get it inspected!

I wish I could wrap everything I fix on this truck in vaccum sealed plastic so it would last a lil bit longer...

Old 01-29-2010, 09:28 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Hey Old Skool, where was that? I was up and down the 400 twice on Thursday.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:42 PM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

Repainted the 97 center console that I'm going to install in my 94 Blazer. Looks like it belongs. Then I went out and did a trial fit. Gonna need some trimming on the bottom to conform to the contour of the floor. You'd think they would be the same but unfortunately they're not. The overall length is the same though. The 97 console is about 1" less in width than the 94 at it's widest point so it slips right in versus having to work at it. Started to remove the 4 brackets for the old console. They're spot welded in. Thought I had a nice air chisel but I guess someone has "borrowed" it without asking. Gonna have to do this the hard way. Really don't want to pull the carpet so I'm working around it. Doing this in the driveway and I thought it was a little chilly until I went in the house and glanced at the weather channel. Found out it was 33 degrees outside. No wonder I can't feel my hands. Those steel tools are a bit cool. Screw this for today. At least I got one out. They are really good spot welds. I think it's gonna look pretty cool when it's done.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?