General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 09:49 AM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by swartlkk
I'm going to pick up another tailgate for the K5 in another few minutes here. Full power working tailgate with all of the wiring for $60. Can't beat it! It pays to be patient.
Full power tailgate on a K5?
Ques cue WTF?

Old 02-06-2010, 10:19 AM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rottidog
Ques cue WTF?
I'm confused... are the tailgates not supposed to be powered? Both my K5s have power tailgates that still work.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:35 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

picked up a tow strap at walmart

Old 02-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rottidog
Ques cue WTF?
By full power, I mean power window which was the extent of the "powered" part of any K5 tailgate.
Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick
I'm confused... are the tailgates not supposed to be powered? Both my K5s have power tailgates that still work.
The one on my '74 is a manual rear window. The power window option didn't come along until quite a bit later.

And this thing is in amazing condition. No rust what so ever. Window goes up and down nicely (a little slow on the down, but fast on the up). While I was there, I grabbed the dash switch and some wire from that.

Simple 3 wire hookup to get a power tailgate! Or one wire (+12V) if I wanted to use it right away just using the key in the back. It would be more secure than my currently lock-less manual crank handle... I think I'll just leave it for now though, clean it up a bit more and toss it in storage.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:58 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

By full power, I mean power window which was the extent of the "powered" part of any K5 tailgate.

The one on my '74 is a manual rear window. The power window option didn't come along until quite a bit later.

And this thing is in amazing condition. No rust what so ever. Window goes up and down nicely (a little slow on the down, but fast on the up). While I was there, I grabbed the dash switch and some wire from that.

Simple 3 wire hookup to get a power tailgate! Or one wire (+12V) if I wanted to use it right away just using the key in the back. It would be more secure than my currently lock-less manual crank handle... I think I'll just leave it for now though, clean it up a bit more and toss it in storage.
Okay that makes sense I thought both my trucks were special lol. My 79 has the power tailgate... with a shattered window lol. I have noticed that the windows are a little slow either on the down or up. Mine got stuck down in a freaking rainstorm lol my switch got hit my something and knocked a wire loose.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:36 PM
Beginning Member
raiders09 is on a distinguished road

had to dig my blazer out of 20in of snow today haha

Old 02-06-2010, 03:38 PM
blajeans is on a distinguished road

Changed front and rear brake pads and discovered that rear right caliper didnt work as smooth as it supposed to. Some lubricant and a big sort of piper wrench made some magic. Now my brakes works just great.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:58 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
got some new seats a couple days ago

feels like I'm riding on clouds
Those Look VERY NICE!

I'm going to pick up another tailgate for the K5 in another few minutes here. Full power working tailgate with all of the wiring for $60. Can't beat it! It pays to be patient.

Have you ever thought about working on a commission basis?

Old 02-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oisinirish
Have you ever thought about working on a commission basis?
Ha! That's a good idea! What do you need?

Old 02-06-2010, 06:03 PM

Ha! That's a good idea! What do you need?
An engine
lol

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?