General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 09:53 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by svd85
Nice, that must light up the road...
Not as much as I'd like it to. But I'm gonna buy new bulbs tomorrow... Any suggestions would be nice, I'm not really of a lighting and wireing Gal lol.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:58 PM
Starting Member
1oldK5 is on a distinguished road

Yea I'm not too great with lighting either. All I know is my truck used to have a light bar with 4 kc's on the roof and my dad cut it off but I'm putting it back on. They lit things up nicely lol.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:02 PM
svd85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick
Not as much as I'd like it to. But I'm gonna buy new bulbs tomorrow... Any suggestions would be nice, I'm not really of a lighting and wireing Gal lol.
I use to use Sylvania Silverstar Bulbs when i had stock lights and they did a pretty good job if you want to keep it legal. ... HID is the way to go i think if you are looking for really bright lights and are on back roads a lot but are against state law is some areas. Light bars are also awesome too but tend to take a lot from your battery and heat up a lot. (This is just from my experience though)

Old 09-23-2009, 10:04 PM
Starting Member

Yea but I won't be using them too much probably. We mostly go out in the daytime or in places we shouldn't be so we try to stay low-key haha.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by 1oldK5
Yea but I won't be using them too much probably. We mostly go out in the daytime or in places we shouldn't be so we try to stay low-key haha.
lol... thats what side marker lights are good for

Old 09-23-2009, 11:03 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Yeah well... I have a feeling I'm gonna get confused, lol. Like I did at Autozone today, I eventually just sat down and started playing connect the exhaust pipes.

Old 09-24-2009, 01:15 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by svd85
lol... thats what side marker lights are good for
Or since I'll have a set of 4 lights wired to 2 switches (middle 2 lights on 1 switch outside 2 lights on the other) I can run with no running lights at all and just turn on 2 of the lights on the top to see where I am going. Plus I eventually plan on painting the truck flat black so I'll be virtually invisible from the back at night

Ah just go to autozone and tell them you want the brighter lights, hopefully they aren't complete morons like all the ones out here and will give you the right ones.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:59 AM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick
Yeah well... I have a feeling I'm gonna get confused, lol. Like I did at Autozone today, I eventually just sat down and started playing connect the exhaust pipes.
thats a fun game tho

Old 09-24-2009, 10:30 AM
Beginning Member
buck8907 is on a distinguished road

How much would hid's run me? my buddy knows a dealer an he saidd 100 installed for a full kit. Oh an today i got a brushguard (freea t work cuz 1 side is jacked up a bit)from a Mountaneer (yeah, its the PERFECT size) an got a nice orange and tan paintjob cuz my yard runner (freakin ford) blew the radiator an i had to use mine. Thankfully, no flats on my almost new tires. (which i hate.) (btw, would 31/10.50/15 fit on my blazer w/no lift?) sorry about the jacking lol.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by buck8907
How much would hid's run me? my buddy knows a dealer an he saidd 100 installed for a full kit.
I guess it depends what kind they are. I know they can run in the hundreds. Mine were like close to $200 just for the low beams.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?