General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 12:07 AM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

I searched what LED's to buy on this forum and others. Haven't regretted a single one.

I think LED license plate lights instantly make it look a little classier. I like them for the interior too. Hate the yellow glow of incandescent.

Old 03-24-2013, 12:20 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by RangerG
I searched what LED's to buy on this forum and others. Haven't regretted a single one.

I think LED license plate lights instantly make it look a little classier. I like them for the interior too. Hate the yellow glow of incandescent.
for plug and play license plate lights, i would try to find something from v-leds or superbrightleds. if you are scratch building anything, philips luminleds.
but ya already know, dude is just being a troll. The only hobby, and thing that he is good at.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:58 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Well, I woke up and started getting everything together for this project. got some 4-40 screws and nuts for the board, think I am going to mount it where the jack is. Then I started counting the resistors I need (I have them already from a previous project) I will need 30 resistors per tail light, I got to 58 on counting and ran out. Started searching my work area, and found 2. Highlight of my day.

Old 03-24-2013, 12:32 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by richphotos
for plug and play license plate lights, i would try to find something from v-leds or superbrightleds. if you are scratch building anything, philips luminleds.
but ya already know, dude is just being a troll. The only hobby, and thing that he is good at.
Yup and if you know what you're lookin for you can even get good ones off eBay for cheap!

Superbright and Vleds don't much care for Canadians.

Old 03-24-2013, 12:37 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by RangerG
Yup and if you know what you're lookin for you can even get good ones off eBay for cheap!

Superbright and Vleds don't much care for Canadians.
Truth, the ones I got for the current build i am getting from ebay. they usually go for 40 cents per, which would have been 96+ shipping for the 240 I got.
picked them up on ebay for 56$

Old 03-24-2013, 01:40 PM
Banned
chestypuller can only hope to improve

i got a bunch i took out i can sell ya cheap.

Old 03-24-2013, 01:45 PM
BF Veteran

what are you talking about?

Old 03-24-2013, 08:13 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

I finally mounted the pa speaker and hooked it up to the cb radio. It works great! Is very loud as well! I think where I mounted mine is one of the best if not the best place to mount it for clarity, loudness, and to keep it away from the elements. It's mounted behind the grille and valence tucked away from anyone being able to see it.

Also, for the bad news... the blaze needs TWO upper control arms and a hub assembly for the right front. Depressing . Need to get it done soon before I can no longer keep control of it on the road. It sways back and forth on the road right now.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:00 PM
Beginning Member
johnjfeher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 700ff install

finally worked out all the bugs wiring etc. finally got the hella 700ff lights installed they are currently 4-5x brighter and throw light farther than the existing high beams and there legal to drive with on here in allentown PA!

Old 03-24-2013, 10:16 PM
00chevblazer is on a distinguished road

heater core flush and t-stat replacement. i forgot what heat felt like haha

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?