General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 11:42 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

its 83° here. Im temped on heading down to the yard today or tomorrow. My power steering pump is growling,and leaking. I might try putting a teaspoon or 2 of some gear oil in it to see if it shuts up. Nothing to loose since its already making noise.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:31 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by chris015
its 83° here. Im temped on heading down to the yard today or tomorrow. My power steering pump is growling,and leaking. I might try putting a teaspoon or 2 of some gear oil in it to see if it shuts up. Nothing to loose since its already making noise.
Mine has been whining since I got it, but its not leaking fluid, its just a noisy pump, drives me nuts, I just tell people its supercharged.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:52 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Finished building new shackles, stock height and 1 inch lift holes. Paint em and put em on this weekend

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-100_0542.jpg  
Old 05-15-2013, 03:40 PM
Starting Member
DaveHearne is on a distinguished road

Not impressed that the last set of front hub bearings (Raybestos) lasted just under 30,000 before starting to rumble so I have just bought a set of Timken ones. Hope they last a bit longer as they cost more than some of the cheaper ones. Anyone else tried the Timken ones?

Old 05-15-2013, 03:52 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DaveHearne
Not impressed that the last set of front hub bearings (Raybestos) lasted just under 30,000 before starting to rumble so I have just bought a set of Timken ones. Hope they last a bit longer as they cost more than some of the cheaper ones. Anyone else tried the Timken ones?
Never have but have heard good things, people are saying better than moog

Old 05-15-2013, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Started my sliders pics in my build thread

Old 05-15-2013, 05:00 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

never had issues with the timkens i had. good stuff in my opinion

So today i went to the yard..Found a driveshaft that i need. my carrier bearing is shot. Pulled it. then realized the yoke is different. Im wondering if i get it,and swap yokes,if it'd have to be rebalanced.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:58 PM
WitchingHour is an unknown quantity at this point

The shop I work in pretty much uses Timken exclusively. They make a good product.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:22 PM
Starting Member
95BlackGA is an unknown quantity at this point

I was driving home from work today, and it was raining... The lady was coming to a stop, and I saw that she was (just on the other side of a green light intersection), stopped more abruptly than I realized. I was already braking but when I saw she was fully stopped I pushed the brakes harder and locked up the tires. Slid right into her, had my tires not locked up, I would have been able to steer around her, since there was no traffic to my right.

My insurance should cover her car, but not my Blazer. I'm going to pull off the front tomorrow and check for any signs of true damage. Truck drove home fine, other than a noticeable difference in the power steering. Seems to have some "dead spots" now...

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-95blackga-20447-albums-garage-black-6949-picture-my-truck-after-doing-smashing-26481.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-95blackga-20447-albums-garage-black-6949-picture-2011-cruze-after-being-smashed-26480.jpg  
Old 05-15-2013, 10:55 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Damn that sucks man, blazer does not look that bad, but to an insurance company, the age is bad to them, jerks

Today, I adjusted the shift linkage on the Jimmy thanks to rex, and the GM shop manual.
Now it is going into park with out a problem, no more popping into reverse when sitting there with the truck running, flawless.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?