General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 09:37 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Alex, if your O2 is shot, why not unplug it? it will cause the engine (or at least one bank) to run lean, which wont hurt you between now and tune up time.... might even save a gallon of gas or 2...

Old 02-23-2010, 09:43 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABN31B
Alex, if your O2 is shot, why not unplug it? it will cause the engine (or at least one bank) to run lean, which wont hurt you between now and tune up time.... might even save a gallon of gas or 2...
Actually, it will cause it to run rich since rich is safe while lean is not. It may or may not result in increased fuel mileage though...

Old 02-23-2010, 09:54 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sisk
Took my distributor apart to see where my random misfire was coming from. Looks like I'll be needing a new cap and rotor. Also going to get plugs and wires while I'm at it...
Yes you should. I made the mistake a few weeks ago, replaced just the cap and rotor and then had starting problems, do to the old plugs and wires. The truck would start right up before the new parts. Replaced the wires and plugs and now turns right on with a touch of the key.

Old 02-23-2010, 10:19 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ABN31B
Originally Posted by swartlkk
Actually, it will cause it to run rich since rich is safe while lean is not. It may or may not result in increased fuel mileage though...
if what Kyle said is true (and I'm going to take a wild guess and say it is lol) then I'd rather leave it in for now. I'd rather be running as I am now then even richer and getting worse mileage. It's only going to be for another few weeks anyway. I plan on picking up the new O2 sensor soon. I just need to scrape up the $80 for it.

Originally Posted by Unlimitedsp
Yes you should. I made the mistake a few weeks ago, replaced just the cap and rotor and then had starting problems, do to the old plugs and wires. The truck would start right up before the new parts. Replaced the wires and plugs and now turns right on with a touch of the key.
Yeah I've been thinking about doing them for a while anyway, just as a tune up. But now that the distributor cap and rotor are gone it kinda lit a fire under my ***, so I might as well get it all done at the same time.

Old 02-23-2010, 01:07 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Hey, what you said was wrong...
Ok. actually i remember from a previous post where you had said the O2 sensors were safe in a few posts back. lean is what i thought you were saying and had been in a post. milage is for gas.
*before you lose your mind know this was a joke following up on the PM from yesterday*

@ Alex: guess i was wrong when it comes time to wrench off the old O2, take your time and soak it with PB. chances are it's cooked in there pretty good...

Last edited by ABN31B; 02-23-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:18 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't say that... Quit misquoting my posts!! Or else-->

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-abn31b_banned.jpg  
Old 02-23-2010, 01:36 PM
Starting Member
Mczuk is on a distinguished road

Not exactly today but sunday I got around to installing my new 5k hid's and doing the quad hi beam conversion.

Old 02-23-2010, 01:43 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

This past saturday I rotated my tires, and greased up all the front end components. Up next is an oil change.

Old 02-23-2010, 03:06 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

must need a pretty big jack to rotate ur tires... my jack barely lifts my tires off the ground anymore...

Old 02-23-2010, 03:23 PM
BF Veteran

noting a 12" chunk of PT 4x4 can't do.... can also help disperse the pressure of the jack lift point over the frame a bit too.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?