General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 11:41 AM
99blaz is on a distinguished road

Repaired the little rust spots I had over the rear driver side wheel well. Just temporary until I bedliner the bottom half.

Old 03-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

99blaz
How much lift do you have there? Looks just right.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I drove my K5 for the first time in quite a while yesterday! LOL. It has been basically sitting all winter because it sucks on the road in the snow. Offroad in snow, it is an animal, but the 12.5" wide tires just have too much surface area to get good traction on snow covered roads.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:32 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Took off the rest of trim, used Duplicolor's back to black to fix up some scratches, painted my spare wheel,and washed some mud of one of the doors. lol

Old 03-08-2010, 04:17 PM
radiokid is on a distinguished road

I been working on my 91 blazer fixing it up to get inspected and tagged.

Today i changed out the inner and outer tierod ends all 4 balljoints, installed a quick boot on the drivers inner cv axle (pain in my ***) nvr use quick boot!! unless u must.

I grinned down the bottom of all 4 doors removed rust and bondo, filled in holes, sanded and painted them.

Changed the grill to a billet grill and crome light rings, installed my conversion headlights with BiXenon HID.

Tomorrow I tackle the front alignment. and minor electrical work

Old 03-08-2010, 04:51 PM
jdespain is on a distinguished road

Today, my brother and I started the installation of a 4" lift that a buddy of mine took off of his S-10 pick up, only to find that all of the parts were not there (i.e. - drop pitman arm and idler arm) after spending all day removing the factory torsion bars. At this point, I think it's time to put everything back together and count my losses. I am not willing to "jerry-rig" this lift just to MAKE it work on my Blazer. After more inspection, I believe this lift was for an earlier model S-10/Blazer. Now I will just save up for a body lift until I can afford a new suspension lift in the future.

Old 03-08-2010, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Gimpy Blazer
99blaz
How much lift do you have there? Looks just right.
Stock suspension, actually the rear is sagging lol. Its just the way I was parked. But its getting lifted about 3inches this summer.

Old 03-08-2010, 05:29 PM
Beginning Member
Becca is on a distinguished road

Since the weather was so nice today, I painted the bowtie black.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:06 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

2" body lift in and oh what fun it was...not so much complication as pain in the ***.
but i like it!!!!! will have better pic tue. 12 hrs single handed....not bad i think.

got my rear back on..

and the finished job....yeah kinda dark out....but its done!!

daytime shot...not the best but time was short.

Last edited by warthogdriver; 03-09-2010 at 03:19 PM. Reason: daytime shot
Old 03-08-2010, 11:26 PM

The body lift looks great...really cant wait for summer to come so I can to mine.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?