Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   Why I love rain. (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/why-i-love-rain-46539/)

wlorton 07-06-2010 06:05 PM

Why I love rain.

So today driving home from work it started raining... BAD. I was on 474 going about 65 and had to slow to about 35-40 because of traffic in front of me... I could see about 20 feet in front of me maybe.

Well I come rolling into town and it kinda lets up, and there is one stop sign in my way from the straight shot back to the apartment. I pull up to the stop sign and see this F150 go through the sign from my right... Water flows over his bumper!

HELL YEA! I took my blazer through the first big water hole since getting it. The water was up to my doors and flowed high off my wheels....

:D If only it was mud....

84BlazerS10 07-06-2010 08:48 PM

Yeah driving through water is fun lol I can remember driving in front of a grocery store the other day and gave it some gas and as i drove by I cleaned their windows :D

88s10Blazer 07-06-2010 08:54 PM

Nothing like that but it's been sprinkling here for a few days in NE Wisconsin. Driving threw water is a lot of fun, unless it's too deep and you get the floor wet lol

Brian_D 07-06-2010 09:04 PM

drove threw flood once.. it was raging so i had to back out i could feel my tires lifting...

that was with my old tires too though..

oh yeah and my hood wasn't painted, stupid me driving threw 2 feet of water without a painted hood.

MTopper 07-06-2010 09:25 PM

Around me, our city drain system is designed that after so much rain, the system backs up and floods the streets. we had 3 feet of water and i stupidly drove through a puddle in front of my house at 20mph... i "drifted" to the left side before i got out of it.

when i pulled into my driveway, a good 20 feet from the street, i was barely out of the water.

wlorton 07-06-2010 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by MTopper (Post 344117)
Around me, our city drain system is designed that after so much rain, the system backs up and floods the streets. we had 3 feet of water and i stupidly drove through a puddle in front of my house at 20mph... i "drifted" to the left side before i got out of it.

when i pulled into my driveway, a good 20 feet from the street, i was barely out of the water.

This is a common occurrence around here... They are actually tearing through some places around my hometown because of "drainage issues"

But in their defense... its hard as crap designing it...

MTopper 07-06-2010 09:58 PM

no, our city did it on purpose. the plan used to be, if it overflows, open the gates into the lake. now, they back it up into the street and let the system do it itself.

our drainage and sewage pipes run together, but the sewage is in its own pipe inside the giant one.... if that makes sense

wlorton 07-06-2010 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by MTopper (Post 344136)
no, our city did it on purpose. the plan used to be, if it overflows, open the gates into the lake. now, they back it up into the street and let the system do it itself.

our drainage and sewage pipes run together, but the sewage is in its own pipe inside the giant one.... if that makes sense

Yea, many cities run two separate lines, one for sewage, one for storm water, and then cities to save money started to combine them.... You city probably has a combination of the two.... Plus standards today have changed from the past.... They now have higher factors to stop this sort of thing from happening... but that doesnt mean they will change it... If it gets by, it aint worth the money.