Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   Air cleaner cover stuck??? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/air-cleaner-cover-stuck-6377/)

lochenjons 11-02-2006 09:02 PM

Air cleaner cover stuck???

Ok i feel really dumb asking this but for some reason my air cleaner cover wont come off, i took it off a couple months ago fine but its stuck now or something. Theres nothing for it to get stuck on so im really confused

1996BZR 11-02-2006 09:07 PM

RE: Air cleaner cover stuck???

My 1991 truck would do that if I didn't take it off for a while. I think it's just that the rubber is getting a very good seal and sticking to it. A little bump got it off of mine. You are talkin about the round air cleaner cover that is attached by one or two wingnuts for most carb and tbi vehicles right?

lochenjons 11-02-2006 09:35 PM

ORIGINAL: 1996BZR

You are talkin about the round air cleaner cover that is attached by one or two wingnuts for most carb and tbi vehicles right?
Yeah, its one wingnut and its carb. ill try pounding it up with a mallet or something, it turns but doesnt come up. Its weird cause it came right off not too long ago

DetroitMuscle 11-02-2006 09:37 PM

Itll come off, need some fortitude. You can use vaseline on the rim lip and it wont get stuck again.

lochenjons 11-02-2006 10:23 PM

ok I made probably the best effort ill ever make to getting that thing off. I stuck a bunch of wrenches all the way around the rim and it still wouldnt come off. I guess ill take it into my autoshop class tommrow and see if we can get it unstuck

DetroitMuscle 11-02-2006 10:31 PM

can you not get the whole assembly off? Im thinking this is a 14" round carb filter right?, if you can take it off, just toss it on the ground., and youll have a nice size hole in the bottom to push the lid off.

Chevy Lover 11-02-2006 10:51 PM

Must be the lid binding on the threads of the bolt. How about taking a pair of pliers and removing the bolt.

lochenjons 11-02-2006 11:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Chevy Lover

Must be the lid binding on the threads of the bolt. How about taking a pair of pliers and removing the bolt.
thats exactly what i thought and was gonna try, cant find my vise grips tho! Of all things i had to lose it had to be those!

DetroitMuscle 11-02-2006 11:34 PM

ORIGINAL: lochenjons

ORIGINAL: Chevy Lover

thats exactly what i thought and was gonna try, cant find my vise grips tho! Of all things i had to lose it had to be those!
you can lock a pair of pliers on there with a couple zip ties. just use needlenose to tighten em down. I break vise grips alot. I abuse them too much.

hillbillyinOhio 11-03-2006 12:27 AM

plasma cutter???

or my only other suggestion is a quarter stick of dynamite