Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   dash lights flash, then car dies (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/dash-lights-flash-then-car-dies-6751/)

blazermanxx 11-20-2006 02:28 PM

dash lights flash, then car dies

So this is a problem that i dont even know where to begin. First off yesterday i disconnected the battery because i had to mess with the front suspension. with my other car you need to do that so the airbags dont deploy. but neways I have a 1995 4door 4x4 with the 4.3L. So i disconnected the bat, messed with the front suspentsion and then drove it around for about 100 miles last night. This morning i go to start it just fine go down my street and every light on my cluster flashed multiple times thent he car died, i sat in awe and then the car flicked on and off with the engine. Weirdest thing ever. I put it in park then tried to restart it and nothing. just dead, tried again and nothing, the third time i tried i got it started and no more than 3 seconds later the same lights and then dead. did this for about 5 min and had to push it home. I checked the batter connection and everythign and all is good.

any ideas on this? im so lost and confused.

Greg

lastcoupe 11-20-2006 04:01 PM

RE: dash lights flash, then car dies

I have seen this several times...including my personal blazer...and it's always the ignition switch....not the lock cylinder...the electrical switch.

blazermanxx 11-20-2006 04:57 PM

wow thank you so much, i am going to look at that right now and check it out.

How hard it it to replace? the price and time it takes?

Greg

blazermanxx 11-20-2006 05:31 PM

i have one question on clearity, is the ignition switch you are talking about, is that the ingnition modual? where you actually put the key?

kaindragoon36 11-21-2006 04:54 PM

He's talking about the Ignition wiring harness, Napa Part#ECHKS6185

They aren't that cheap at 114 bucks...I have to do the same thing to mine. Mine went bad the day I changed the spark plugs...

blazermanxx 11-21-2006 11:01 PM

so i solved the problem,

What ended up happening was that my battery tie down cable broke and my battery moved around alot. Thus causing my ground cable to not be connected 100% making it flake out at weird times.

thanks for all youre help guys! ended up being a NO COST fix!! makes me happy when things turn out like that

kaindragoon36 11-21-2006 11:16 PM

congratulations! I wish mine would be that simple LOL.

Blasir 11-22-2006 02:26 AM

Good thing you checked that battery first.

lastcoupe 11-22-2006 02:39 PM

Yea.....I would have suggested that you check the battery first...but according to your original post...you already did that.

I checked the batter connection and everythign and all is good.
Kind of makes it hard to help when we get bad info.......agreed? anyway...glad you got it fixed.