Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   driving in a lake (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/driving-lake-6580/)

rooster 11-12-2006 01:30 PM

driving in a lake

everytime it rains my drivers side floor fills up to lake capacity. so much sometimes that when i open my door the water actually drains out, so i know its not comming from the bottom of the door. so i snoop around and cant find any signs of water except whats under my carpet. i thought maybe it leaks from behind the dash but no signs of water or thankfully no electric problems. can the water come from the windsheild area and can i silicone along that area. and if it is how can it reach the floor without going through the dash. my other theroy was that can it get into the body and find its way to the bottom where it could spill its way through the wheel well and onto my floor. it seems the only point of entry is by the wheel well but i cant seem to find any cracks or holes or anything . im stumped but what i do know is that its a considerable amount of water and must have an easy route to the floor. has anyone heard or have had this problem and what can i do. im getting sick of breaking out the squeege. plus i think mold or mildew is formming and is there any upholstery products that you like and doesnt smell like a hospital.

DCFluX 11-12-2006 02:01 PM

RE: driving in a lake

Do you have a sun roof?

rooster 11-12-2006 02:11 PM

no sun roof but i do have a visor which i have already re-siliconed the bolts and still get the water. so check that off the list.

DCFluX 11-12-2006 02:52 PM

It could be that you are missing a bolt in the roof rack or that is not 100% sealed. I would think the water is coming out of the drivers side pilliar if it is roof related.

I would get out the garden hose and spray down the truck with a helper monkey sitting inside observing when the water starts to appear, at least that will narrow down where it is coming from.

rooster 11-12-2006 05:57 PM

good idea about the monkey(i got a few of those) and a hose

swartlkk 11-12-2006 10:17 PM

Could also be the weather deflectors inside the door. I have this problem right now in my Bonneville. Just purchased the butyl rubber sealing rope and just need to find the time to pull off the door panels and replace the sealer on the deflector.

Also, this can happen if the drains in the doors are not clear. There should be some relatively large holes in the bottom of the door that allow water that gets past the window felt to drain out. If these are blocked up...

rooster 11-12-2006 10:52 PM

yea im leaning towards the door. the felt is barely there but there is also enough rust holes to let the water out. ill try and get to it as soon as get the truck back with my rebuilt tranny. so far im 800 in the hole just for tow, diagnostic, removal, disassembly, install. arrgghh, untill then lets go giants