Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   help, I can not detach the dash of my 95 blazer (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/help-i-can-not-detach-dash-my-95-blazer-4897/)

wxj1974 08-12-2006 10:16 PM

help, I can not detach the dash of my 95 blazer

I try to change the heater core of my 95 ls blazer. Finally, I found I can not detach the dash. How many bolts fasten the dash? where they are? Help! My truck is mess now, Thank you

lastcoupe 08-12-2006 11:32 PM

RE: help, I can not detach the dash of my 95 blazer

These are the absolute easiest dash to remove in any car! I can have one on the floor in under 10 minutes litterally (my boss timed me because he didn't believe me either[sm=shades.gif]). Anyway now that I'm done bragging.....lol....I'll try to help ya. I'll assume that you have the hush panels (all 3) on the bottom of the dash out as well as the lower left side dash extension and the IP trim plate. You should have the radio, cluster and heater controls out as well. Take the windshield air deflector for the defrost off by gently prying up to release the clips. this will expose a few 7mm bollts, remove them. next take out the two IP speaker grilles (2 screws in each) and remove the 7mm bolts under the grilles (1 on each). Disconnect the two large wiring harness connectors under the right side of the dash. Remove the two bolts (either 13mm of 15mm) that support the steering column and lower it down to the driver's seat. Take out the two 10mm bolts at the lower left and right corners of the dash and roll the top of the dash forward. Be carefull and make sure you disconnect the harness connectors at the base of the winshield area in front of the steering wheel ( either 1 or 2 connectors ...can't remember). The entire dash harness stays on the dash when you remove it except the radio antenna coaxial cable. You have to feed it through the dash after you roll it forward. You should be ready to remove the entire IP at this point, just be carefull around the steering column and make sure you disconnected all of the harness connectors. I may have forgotten a few small details (It's been a while since I did a 95-97 model) but that's the just of it.[sm=feedback.gif]

Oh yea, welcome to the site!

wxj1974 08-13-2006 12:15 AM

Thank you, I have 4 bolts emoved under the dash and the dash is stand still. Shall I remove all the bolts I can see? Or there still sth except the bolts under the speakers and defroster? Thank you so much.

1996BZR 08-13-2006 01:06 AM

In ten minutes? Wow, I thought it would be hard to do. I'll just hire you if I need the heater core changed:D

lastcoupe 08-13-2006 12:58 PM

Thank you, I have 4 bolts emoved under the dash and the dash is stand still. Shall I remove all the bolts I can see? Or there still sth except the bolts under the speakers and defroster? Thank you so much.
The only bolts that physically hold the dash in are the ones under the grilles, the defrost deflector and the lower outside corners of the dash.

In ten minutes? Wow, I thought it would be hard to do. I'll just hire you if I need the heater core changed
Yes I know it's hard to believe, even some of the technicians that start where I work doubt me but I have proved it on several occations. One time I removed mine just to win a bet that I couldn't do it in under 20 minutes, that time it took me 12minutes and 14 seconds. When my boss timed me though, I had it on the floor in exactly 9 min. 52 seconds. And yes I would be glad to do heater cores for ANYONE on this site for $150.00 labor. And I'll even get you my discount on G.M. parts (10% over dealer cost).

wxj1974 08-13-2006 10:43 PM

Thank you very much, I have done the job today. It's really a hard work when you do it first time.

1996BZR 08-14-2006 02:12 AM

When I need my dash taken apart, how about a step by step process of how to do it? Or maybe I'll just pay you to do it.

lastcoupe 08-14-2006 08:44 PM

When I need my dash taken apart, how about a step by step process of how to do it? Or maybe I'll just pay you to do it.
No problem, I'll be glad to help either way.